Selling Poetry on Constant Content

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

HiredGun

Selling Poetry on Constant Content

Post by HiredGun »

I thought about selling rhymes,
But maybe I should get with the times.
If they just sit and never sell,
Isn't that just like writer's hell?

:lol:
Noticed that CC has poems available for sale. Anyone had much luck selling these?
https://www.constant-content.com/find-u ... earch.y=20
Lysis

Re: Selling Poetry on Constant Content

Post by Lysis »

lol You should see some of the stuff they let through back in the first days.
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Lysis wrote:lol You should see some of the stuff they let through back in the first days.
Lots of poems about Nantucket? :lol:
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Not sure if they still have it, but page through some of the olllld old stuff and you'll ask yourself why you get those "missing comma" rejections. lol

They used to allow first person too. If they still have it, you can read some of the personal stories of lonely housewives and single moms. lol

I remember Suite101 started off like that too. People would come to the forums asking why they can't have their personal stories on the site when so-and-so from 2001 wrote a personal blog story.
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Lysis wrote:Not sure if they still have it, but page through some of the olllld old stuff and you'll ask yourself why you get those "missing comma" rejections. lol

They used to allow first person too. If they still have it, you can read some of the personal stories of lonely housewives and single moms. lol

I remember Suite101 started off like that too. People would come to the forums asking why they can't have their personal stories on the site when so-and-so from 2001 wrote a personal blog story.
I'm glad CC is much stricter now. If it's true you're judged by the company you keep...
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Yep! This place would be just another iWriter if it wasn't for the standards. I always thought one of Suite101's biggest mistakes was lowering standards. This place has seem to be a wee bit less strict, but still strict.