Holiday?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

J. A. Young

Holiday?

Post by J. A. Young »

I haven't been able to get in touch with CC and wondered if it was a holiday? I seem to be having an email issue and, though it can wait, I needed some help from the reps. Anybody know if staff is around today?

Thanks for your help!
bbcarpenter

Re: Holiday?

Post by bbcarpenter »

It's Victoria Day in Canada, so CC might be closed.

I haven't receieved my 15th of the month payment and am assuming it'll come through tomorrow due to the holiday. Not sure why it wouldn't have been sent on Friday, though...
J. A. Young

Post by J. A. Young »

Thanks! You're right. Just googled it. I couldn't get in touch on Friday either--bet it was a four-day weekend. I would imagine payment will come through tomorrow then.

Thanks for your input!
--Jennifer
JasmineStone

Post by JasmineStone »

I don't understand why they can't just drop us a note in the forum when payments are going to be late, especially as emails don't seem to reach CC anymore...communication has gone downhill fast here.
Abbamay

Post by Abbamay »

I think they are on holiday. The blog says the team is away in Vegas for a conference!
Abba
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Thanks for the headsup. Never had a payment be this late and thought maybe it was a tech issue. I don't know why but I feel better knowing it's not just me. :) Misery and company and all that.
ScriptMaster

Post by ScriptMaster »

When I was new here, I sent a query about a "delayed" mid-month payment. The reply I got was that payments are made "semi-monthly, " but not necessarily on the 15th. Sure enough, when I went back into my account, it does not mention 15th, nor is the 15th mentioned in FAQs. I can't recall where I got the idea payment was due on the 15th. Obviously, I am not alone.
Judith
Location: I may be found where mountains rise and rivers flow.

Post by Judith »

I believe the reason people think the 15th is the actual payday is because we usually get paid then, even though it is not guaranteed.
Constant

Post by Constant »

Hi everyone. Sorry for not adding a note here, but the holiday did cause a bit of a delay here. Payments should be initiated today.

As Jennifer noted, while we do strive for payments on the first and fifteenth of each month, it can within a few days or those dates once in a while.