Pool Request Articles Still in View Status

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

JasmineStone

Pool Request Articles Still in View Status

Post by JasmineStone »

Anyone else having issues with writer pool articles sitting unsold? I don't mind taking some of the less well-paid writer pool requests because they're usually a guaranteed sale, but I've had two out of three articles I did for a request just sitting there in 'view' status for nearly two weeks now. Emailed support - no reply. I thought support emails had been fixed and they'd started replying again? :evil:
monkeypie

Re: Pool Request Articles Still in View Status

Post by monkeypie »

Yup. Sixty of mine sold almost immediately. One's been sitting in View limbo for more than a week, and Support ignores my messages.

And weren't we supposed to be paid yesterday? Sigh. Are we having FUN yet? :?
Pellucidean

Post by Pellucidean »

Are articles like that supposed to be a guaranteed sale? A few months ago I claimed five short articles, of which only one the customer ever bought. The really frustrating part was that based on the hits, they never even bothered to look at three of them. They were at least generic enough that someone else might buy them sometime.
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Even private requests aren't guaranteed sales, unfortunately. If the client doesn't want to make the purchase, there's nothing any of us can do except try and sell it to someone else. On top of that, the articles aren't automatically released anymore, at least not for me, so you have to contact support and ask them to release them for sale.
dbvirago

Post by dbvirago »

If this is the HP restaurant pool, there were a bunch of duplicates. If you were unlucky enough to write one, apparently, you don't get paid for your work. I got hit by 2 out of my first 9. I gave support 2 days to get back to me then unclaimed the rest. They were really too cheap even if I got paid for all of them, but losing 20+% due to someone else's error wasn't acceptable.

There have been a few reposted, so maybe we'll get lucky and can still use them. I don't see the value of them being released as I don't think there would be a market for them.
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

I've sold quite a few restaurant reviews in the past, some requested and some not. You might still be able to sell it. Obviously, it's up to you. I wish it wasn't even a decision we have to make.
Last edited by Word Gypsy on Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
JasmineStone

Post by JasmineStone »

Oddly, one of them sold right after I posted on here (still one sitting there). It wasn't the restaurant pool, and that sounds really unfair...think I might just stick to writing for the catalogue for a while!
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

If it's the guest posts with weird titles you're talking about, the client emailed me last week sometime apologising for the delay and saying she would get through them all soon.
Therese

Post by Therese »

The same thing happened to me in the HP Restaurant pool but I emailed the client directly. I had a few that were sold and they still came up as claimed. I feel bad for those who wrote duplicates reviews and didn't get paid for them. :( I remember reading an email about the duplicates but I was paid for all the reviews I wrote. I agree - that doesn't seem fair because it's not the fault of the writer for claiming a duplicate. Also, how do we know when we're writing a duplicate article if we can only see our claimed articles? This was my first experience with a writer's pool so I'm still learning the ropes.
JasmineStone

Post by JasmineStone »

Both the articles eventually sold, which will teach me to have a little more patience! Thanks for the replies guys :D
Pellucidean

Post by Pellucidean »

Therese wrote:The same thing happened to me in the HP Restaurant pool but I emailed the client directly. I had a few that were sold and they still came up as claimed. I feel bad for those who wrote duplicates reviews and didn't get paid for them. :( I remember reading an email about the duplicates but I was paid for all the reviews I wrote. I agree - that doesn't seem fair because it's not the fault of the writer for claiming a duplicate. Also, how do we know when we're writing a duplicate article if we can only see our claimed articles? This was my first experience with a writer's pool so I'm still learning the ropes.
I don't think there was anyway for a person to know they had a duplicate unless they actually happened to see the other version of the article. For example, I actually had both copies of one article claimed, so I could see there was a duplicate, but I wasn't sure about the others I had claimed. I think CC deleted one half of all the duplicates at some point, but by that time two versions of some articles had probably already been submitted, which would explain people not getting paid.
dbvirago

Post by dbvirago »

JasmineStone wrote:Both the articles eventually sold, which will teach me to have a little more patience! Thanks for the replies guys :D
Speaking of patience, in the future, I'll be more patient before I jump in. Seems like the last few pool requests have had problems that crop up after the first couple of days. I'd rather miss out than snag a bunch of work that becomes a struggle for $.03 a word.