Confused about projects

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

dbvirago

Confused about projects

Post by dbvirago »

I have looked at projects since that function started, but never got involved beyond scrolling through and now I have one that I might be interesting but not sure how to proceed.

I just got an email that I was invited to a project. When I click on it, there is a title and a paragraph from the client beginning with, "We are desirous of creating hundreds of How To articles." It then goes on to talk about their site and discussing how they usually buy images to go with the articles?? It ends with their cell phone number.

There is no real information about what they want written about, although I could work that out. There is no mention of word count or budget. There is no link to accept and it doesn't show up in the Submit page as for a request. There are no Messages associated at the bottom as there were with the G/O batch.

Not sure what to do next. I have many articles on the subject and write about it frequently, so it might be a good opportunity, but....
Word Gypsy

Re: Confused about projects

Post by Word Gypsy »

Sometimes there is a delay between notification that you've been added to a project and the actual listing of the requests. It might be a couple of hours or a couple of days. You'll probably get more details soon.
Constant

Post by Constant »

Thinks of being added to a client's project as being added to their team. When they issue requests, only you and other team members will be able to claim them.
dbvirago

Post by dbvirago »

Understood. I got an email a bit later asking if I wanted to be part of a team and it sounded like the same client. Not sure if that is the case. Would I need to pitch myself to be part of a team after I was added to the project?

Will await further developments.