Another suspension

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

ReneeF

Another suspension

Post by ReneeF »

I'm just another victim of the CC suspensions. I've been here over 3 years.

I hope to get my pay as I had a $55 payout sitting there.

I was given no article rejections, no suspension notice, no email telling me why.

I was in the middle of submitting article number 10 to a private client request and BAM I was logged out and a notice came on screen of permanent suspension.

Looks like CC is cleaning house...

I wish the best of luck to you all.
Lysis

Re: Another suspension

Post by Lysis »

omg. :(

Did you get an email. I'm sorry, Renee. I'll miss ya around here.
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

Nope, no email. I had a client private request deadline due next week and I was in the middle of submitting article #10 of 50 for him.

No email, no response from emails, and 5 articles waiting for approval for this customer.. no editing requests on them, no rejects from them.

I was in the middle of submitting and article this morning and I got logged out. and that's it.

I emailed Eric and got a general "I am out of the office until Oct 6th." And I emailed someone else and no response from them either.

I am going to miss you Lysis, and a few others.

I am still baffled...

I would love to see what articles DIDNT sell so I can hand them off to Hub pages or something and at least get some recompense for my efforts. I would LOVE to know if I will see the balance on my account, especially since the clients who bought them have all published them and I havnt been paid for it.

But, Cc communication is very lax.
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

My last two articles were accepted without a single revision request. I had five articles waiting to be reviewed for a client request. I was in the middle of putting an article in the submission form when I was logged out and the "you are permanently suspended" notice popped on screen.

I am baffled. I am annoyed. I am in too much shock to be angry, but I know it is coming.
tayalltheway

Post by tayalltheway »

That's so bizarre. Sorry to hear that. If it were me, I know I wouldn't take it lying down and I'd give CC a call to speak to someone in person.
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

tayalltheway wrote:That's so bizarre. Sorry to hear that. If it were me, I know I wouldn't take it lying down and I'd give CC a call to speak to someone in person.
I am waiting to call until I get that email and I have calmed down to the point I can function.

The ONLY phone number I have is the one that came in the "I am out of the office" email...
tayalltheway

Post by tayalltheway »

Worth trying. Everyone works in a central office there, so you can ask to speak to someone else if you know who you want to talk to.
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

tayalltheway wrote:Worth trying. Everyone works in a central office there, so you can ask to speak to someone else if you know who you want to talk to.
Okay, I'll try. First thing in the morning. After I stop having panic attacks. Eric left the name and number of someone else in the "i'm out of the office" automated email.
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

Thank you both for your support.
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

I am so sorry to hear this Renee :( After three years here, you would think you would at least be deserving of a response as to why they banned you. I had one once and I phoned them up and they retracted it, so hopefully you can do the same.

I'll miss you too. You and Lysis are like the soul of these forums for me.
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

Aww thank You Laura. You and Lysis are always informative and encouraging.

I think what happened is I left a note in the summary box as Eric and the client requested and whomever is handling Erics workload while he is gone has a zero tolerance policy. Instead of a reject or a revision I get an outright suspension. Also, somehow, one of my articles went directly from review to sold without being approved. I am not sure how that happened. When it did, only 10% was taken off the price. About $5 for a $55 article.
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

I finally got a call back this morning. Apparently, without ever saying anything to me, my content was too wordy. So the notes on my account were that my content was too wordy. Which is funny, seeing that article rejections or revisions havnt said a thing about this for at least 6 months.

I guess this should be a warning to you, they are cracking down on wordiness, without even saying a thing to writers who have made the mistake.

Also, still havnt been paid yet.. and the clients are using the articles online.
gators18

Post by gators18 »

ReneeF wrote:I finally got a call back this morning. Apparently, without ever saying anything to me, my content was too wordy. So the notes on my account were that my content was too wordy. Which is funny, seeing that article rejections or revisions havnt said a thing about this for at least 6 months.

I guess this should be a warning to you, they are cracking down on wordiness, without even saying a thing to writers who have made the mistake.

Also, still havnt been paid yet.. and the clients are using the articles online.
And the whole time you're getting large private requests (and selling what you're posting) presumably because the clients are happy with your work? This makes no sense at all and makes me afraid to keep submitting stuff here even though I'm selling way better than the average numbers and only get the occasional you missed one typo rejection.

Edit: No one has been paid as of now.
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

gators18 wrote:
And the whole time you're getting large private requests (and selling what you're posting) presumably because the clients are happy with your work? This makes no sense at all and makes me afraid to keep submitting stuff here even though I'm selling way better than the average numbers and only get the occasional you missed one typo rejection.

Edit: No one has been paid as of now.
It's making no sense to me either and the person I spoke to said she had absolutely no say in the matter as she is not part of the editorial team and cannot voice an opinion. So yeah, the last 5 articles I submitted had ZERO feedback and were sitting in the review when I got suspended. The 5 articles before those were approved and sold or sold without approval. I have written nearly 30 articles that were approved in the last 6 months.

Any rejects before then were rejected without a single editor comment or articles that had revision requests only made comments about punctuation errors, not wordiness.

Apparently buyers have had no issues with my work as I had only 10 articles unsold out of 35+ submissions in the last 3 years. I was just to the point where I was making CC the main part of my daily writing routine, instead of where I put my rejects.

Even if I were to get this suspension recanted, I'm very leery of posting more articles or continuing to promote Constant Content to either potential clients or writers.
gators18

Post by gators18 »

This is just garbage. Maybe you were the worst not suspended writer and your articles were triple wordy. CC should still say something before taking action. It does no good for anyone to people to be kept in the dark. A writer they might really think is the best on the site could be holding back because they're afraid of a sudden ban, and it's stupid to not let someone getting editor/client complaints know about them so they can step it up. Especially when it's about subjective stuff. Sure, a new sign up should get tossed if they're clearly not at standard, but once you're established there should be some sort of transparency. Even if they want to go with heartless cold efficiency, at least say you MUST maintain X% accepted without revision or sell at least Y% within Z time or you're out. This is just bad business, and what they need to remember is that while Textbroker writers might be a dime a dozen, the ones that can make them big commissions writing on niche topics here are not.