Frustrating Writer Pools

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

tayalltheway

Frustrating Writer Pools

Post by tayalltheway »

I was added to two new writer pools today, but I was saddened to check their first requests and find that one is offering $20 for 500-word articles while the other is at $27 for 450-word articles. As a rule, I never write anything for CC that will sell for less than $25 (and I try hard never to dip below $40), so both of these rates just feel a little insulting. Luckily, I've had a steady stream of private requests keeping me busy for the last month or so, but I hate to think that I might have to stoop to these low-paying requests if/when the better-paying stuff dries up.

Nothing anyone here can do... just venting.
ReneeF

Re: Frustrating Writer Pools

Post by ReneeF »

tayalltheway wrote:I was added to two new writer pools today, but I was saddened to check their first requests and find that one is offering $20 for 500-word articles while the other is at $27 for 450-word articles. As a rule, I never write anything for CC that will sell for less than $25 (and I try hard never to dip below $40), so both of these rates just feel a little insulting. Luckily, I've had a steady stream of private requests keeping me busy for the last month or so, but I hate to think that I might have to stoop to these low-paying requests if/when the better-paying stuff dries up.

Nothing anyone here can do... just venting.
I'd be grateful for these right now as they are MORE likely to sell than general catalog articles.