Having Trouble Getting Accepted Into CC

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

TypingMagician

Having Trouble Getting Accepted Into CC

Post by TypingMagician »

Hello everyone,

I'd like to throw in a little introduction about myself before I do anything else. I am a university student and want to make extra income by freelance writing for others. Even though I also write for myself and for my own websites, freelance writing is something I am interested in because I hope it will allow me to expand my knowledge of the English language in various fields I wouldn't otherwise bother researching and learning about. I don't intend to go into too much detail about myself, one for privacy reasons and two, because I simply don't see any need to do so. Privacy is also why I picked such a mysterious username on the forum here.

My questions is: Why does it seem impossible for me to get accepted into Constant Content? I have tried twice now, the first attempt was about two weeks ago, I waited about a week for a response without hearing from CC and then I tried to apply again. Both times I got through the grammar test without problems and submitted a writing sample as I was asked. Perhaps my writing ability isn't good enough and I am not a proficient writer? I don't think so. I don't want this to come off as arrogant but I think I am a decent writer and on other networks I never had difficulty getting accepted and having my articles purchased.

Looking forward to your responses!

P.S.: As a brand new member of the forum, I am not really certain whether this question fits in the "Questions and Answers" sub-forum. Hopefully it does and I am not annoying anyone. :P
gators18

Re: Having Trouble Getting Accepted Into CC

Post by gators18 »

Start with textbroker. They'll teach you more than you ever wanted to know about English grammar. The requirements here are kind of like level 5 there but with a little more emphasis on quality over commas.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Constant Content isn't really a place to write and learn. It's for people who already have a firm grasp of the English language.

Plus, content writing requires a certain approach. You have to know that approach to sell and have sites like this one accept you.

I was an editor for a time on another site, and most people who think they can write just can't. Textbroker is probably a good starting place. I second that notion.
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

But the poster doesn't say he was rejected as such, just that he hasn't been accepted. There may be a long delay if CC eds are busy, the process is different from what it used to be. Also there may be less need for new writers at the moment what with work being slow, so that may add to the delay in processing new applications. The posters English seems fine to me!
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

Text broker is really slow. Mostly only articles in the level 4 section. I've seen maybe a dozen in the other sections in the past 3 months. Even level 4 has been pretty dry, just under 1,000 since the beginning of the year. Text Broker is a good place to start. Just dont expect an income there.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Is it all direct orders there now? I started there as my very first site back in 2008 and there were tons of articles but it was all junk stuff. Then, I slipped from level 4 to 3 and it was even worse.

Textbroker and rentacoder were my first two crap sites. /memories
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

Lysis wrote:Is it all direct orders there now? I started there as my very first site back in 2008 and there were tons of articles but it was all junk stuff. Then, I slipped from level 4 to 3 and it was even worse.

Textbroker and rentacoder were my first two crap sites. /memories
I quit a while back because it is all junk and keyword stuffed spam content. I HATE writing that kind of fluff stuff to the point of tears. But I log in once a week to check out whats going on just to keep an eye on the markets for when I point people looking to write in a direction they can make money. Its gotta b e all direct requests, half of which are spam pieces anyway. SOOO happy to be at CC where we can wrote REAL content.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I logged in a few weeks ago and noticed that more people are paying for level 4 and 5. Before, it was all level 2 and 3.

The few jobs in the lower levels made me LOL. Outdated crappy SEO junk. I'm with you. I hate writing that crap. I did it, though, for a good 1-2 years when I started. It was horrible. Nevah again.
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

the level 4 and 5 crap isnt much better. still old-hat seo spam garbage. my last project there was two cook books last summer. the $350 i made wasnt worth the 2 weeks of 50 hours per week labor I put into it.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I really wish I had gotten on the Suite101 gravy train back in the day. I was almost up to $500/month IIRC before it died. Maybe it was $400. I was making some nice passive income before it went poof. I think I was #11 on their top writers...maybe 15. Something like that.

The game has changed so much, and text broker seems to attract the SEO garbage from people who are still stuck in 2005 SEO stuff.
contentwriter

Post by contentwriter »

Have you looked at the CC blog? It may give you an idea of the type of writing style they want here. I could give you links to websites that have bought and published articles from here, but I'm not sure if that's allowed here. :D
TypingMagician

Post by TypingMagician »

Is there a way an admin could have a look at this thread and my application and give it a deeper look?
ScriptMaster

Post by ScriptMaster »

You need to be patient. If you have not received a rejection/acceptance message, then your application is still in the pipeline.

I cannot remember the initiation process, but I do remember doing grammar tests and submitting samples. After that, I assume I was allowed to submit content. To the best of my knowledge, you will either be accepted or turned down - in other words, you will not be left in limbo. Sometimes, the editorial process is slow here.

Having said all that, the standard here is exceptionally high, and I think a non-native English speaker would really struggle to get content accepted. Just look at the Questions about Rejection forum, where many rejectees (is that a word?) post samples of their submissions. Can you see why CC rejected these? Many of the posted samples are ridden with errors, whereas other are simply iffy constructions (maybe misplaced commas, the bane of all CC writers). As others have suggested, you may be better off looking elsewhere.
TypingMagician

Post by TypingMagician »

ScriptMaster wrote:You need to be patient. If you have not received a rejection/acceptance message, then your application is still in the pipeline.

I cannot remember the initiation process, but I do remember doing grammar tests and submitting samples. After that, I assume I was allowed to submit content. To the best of my knowledge, you will either be accepted or turned down - in other words, you will not be left in limbo. Sometimes, the editorial process is slow here.

Having said all that, the standard here is exceptionally high, and I think a non-native English speaker would really struggle to get content accepted. Just look at the Questions about Rejection forum, where many rejectees (is that a word?) post samples of their submissions. Can you see why CC rejected these? Many of the posted samples are ridden with errors, whereas other are simply iffy constructions (maybe misplaced commas, the bane of all CC writers). As others have suggested, you may be better off looking elsewhere.
Thank you for the reply. How long do you think it takes (on average) to get a response from CC (either an acceptance note or notification of rejection)?
ScriptMaster

Post by ScriptMaster »

How long do you think it takes to get a response from CC
No idea - I assume it depends on workload, staff availability etc. I know that it sometimes takes over a week for submitted content to be edited.