Hire More Editors

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

topquark

Hire More Editors

Post by topquark »

I've just missed another client deadline because of the time it takes to get an article reviewed. I uploaded content on Friday morning for a pool request that was due on Sunday, and as of Monday morning it's still waiting for review. This client's deadlines are usually set only about 3 days after the request is made, so it's impossible to upload completed work any sooner. Work that is sent back for revisions by the editor takes even longer to get to the client.

What should I do in this situation? If I contact the client to explain that the work has been sitting in a queue for 3 days, it sounds like I'm badmouthing CC. But if I don't say anything it makes me look irresponsible, and the client might think I've decided not to do the work and hire someone else, leading to the article not being sold.

Does Constant Content hire writers to work as editors? I work as an editor on several other content writing sites, where the system of using experienced members of the writer team to edit other writers' work seems to work very quickly and efficiently. If this isn't CC's system, perhaps it could be something to look into?
Abbamay

Re: Hire More Editors

Post by Abbamay »

Hi,

Are you talking about a public pool request that anyone can write and you just hope yours gets chosen, or do you mean a writer pool request where you've clicked the claim button to make it exclusively yours?

In my experience, public pool writing has a much longer waiting time for editing (and sometimes someone else's submission has already been bought but the rest of us don't realise), but private and writer pool work is done quickly. One thing you can do is send a message to the potential buyer when you have submitted your work so that they know there is something in the pipeline. If it is a public pool open request for anyone, then this doesn't guarantee you a sale but at least you've made yourself known to the buyer.

Good luck.

Abba May
topquark

Post by topquark »

I mean a request that has been claimed. I'm aware that editing times for non-solicited articles or public requests are very long indeed.
tayalltheway

Post by tayalltheway »

I'm wondering if one of the editors is just on vacation or something right now. I usually have private request articles reviewed within a couple hours of submission, but it's been taking a few days recently...
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Well, I don't want to bash any editors or the site, but I think I should say that I had someone track me down on another site to let me know that he was too frustrated with the time frames here. He had some really aggressive deadlines.

He called this the ebay of articles and I had to lol a little. (please don't hate me CC..it was a little funny :D )
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

LOL Lysis, that is pretty funny. (Ducks from office supplies being thrown by CC.)

Yes, I've noticed that too. It used to take less than three days for general article editing turn around. Here lately I can expect sometimes a week. But its all cool, you know.

Many many other writing venues have closed down and its getting harder and harder to find real paying sites with expectations of quality. I just figured there is a crowd of migrating writers who've been "let go" from all the online business closings. I used to work with a couple of others and one the quality of content and the personal skills of the staff is so bad I'd rather not be associated with them ever again. Another place i still have an account at, their 3rd level content requests are so bad that they qualify as content farm requests and for just a penny per word. The requesters arn't that great either, we were expected to produce college-level grammar to first-year ESL requesters. it took me a week of 26 articles at $5 a week to quit the first place and 3 months and $90 later working 12+ hours per day to give up with the penny place. here lately they do not even have second or third level content requests anyway.

Constant Content is where it is at, their business model is fair to both writers and clients and they have expectations for the level of quality and type of content.