Professional Certificates

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

JasmineStone

Professional Certificates

Post by JasmineStone »

Please can we have the option to enter our professional certificates manually or at least have the option to select 'other'. I have three professional certificates but none of them are listed in the options, so I have no choice but to select 'none'.
Isabelnewth

Re: Professional Certificates

Post by Isabelnewth »

Yes please! This has been requested before and would be particularly useful for people whose qualifications are not US ones.
Constant

Post by Constant »

Please email us at Support if you'd like to see a certification added. We're definitely open to adding more, but we are planning to keep certifications in a drop down to allow us to easily allow customers to search through them in the future.
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

Thanks for that, I'll email. But I think that you probably have too many different varieties of qualification represented among your writers to specify them all on a drop-down.

I would have thought that if you want to make everything drop down, you could have a general drop down category like 'non-US professional qualification in law' 'non-US professional qualification in whatever' with space underneath, ideally, for further specifying your qualification. That would allow people to search under law or whatever the general category was.

Or, maybe, simplify it by having all writers with a professional qualification in any area, whether US or not, fill in the drop down with their general professional area and then specify the actual qualification. That would allow customers to search the general area maybe easier than they can now. The US qualifications available to claim seem very numerous but there are probably US writers who can't see their certificate on the drop down either.