Updated Request System

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Pellucidean

Re: Updated Request System

Post by Pellucidean »

Interesting stuff. I'm a little confused about some things, though. What exactly is the difference between writer pool requests and public requests? And what exactly happens if you claim a request? Does that mean only you can work on that article? And do you have to submit an article after you claim a request, or what?
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

Good that they have allowed us to put in our own certificates and qualifications, and thanks for that, but anyone know how to get rid of the 'surveying: replace me' that appears before whatever it is that you enter? spoils the effect a bit!
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

What exactly is the difference between writer pool requests and public requests? And what exactly happens if you claim a request? Does that mean only you can work on that article? And do you have to submit an article after you claim a request, or what?
I think it must be as before: if you claim a writers' pool request (that's a request with a yellow button), only you can write it, and you are obliged to submit it before the deadline on the request. It will then be purchased unless something goes badly wrong.

If there isn't a yellow claim button, its a public request. You can submit to the request on spec, along with other writers and if the requesting customer doesn't buy. then the article is still in the catalogue for purchase by any other customer.
teeyah

Post by teeyah »

Nevermind...it appears to be working now. :D
easefeeds

Post by easefeeds »

Does a blank number just mean that the applications have not been reviewed yet? If the applications that were submitted have vanished, does that mean they are pending or rejected?
topquark

Post by topquark »

How do I decline a private request if the offered pay rate is ridiculously low? I assume I just send the client a message? Is there anything else I need to do?
topquark

Post by topquark »

Also, are the deadlines on the request page in EST or my local time zone?
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Some of those requests just sit there. I wish the old ones would expire, but unless you mark them complete, I think they stay. I have a couple that just sit there.

Also, the deadlines are in Vancouver time, so I think that's PST.
HiredGun

Re: Search Function

Post by HiredGun »

Edited...search improved. Thanks CC.
Last edited by HiredGun on Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
ccorniuk

Post by ccorniuk »

Surfing around the site yesterday and today, I noticed an issue. From the account status, I see some requests there--just the top three and the three closing soon. When I go to the actual request page, it's completely blank. My notifications page has a few listed there, but not some of the requests I'm seeing under account status.