Tons of Offers

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

docasphalt

Tons of Offers

Post by docasphalt »

Since early September I have been receiving new price offers on almost every article I have on Constant-Content that hasn't been sold previously. All offers are from the same customer - "info". I began accepting the offers early on as they were reasonable for the article and length of time the articles have been for sale. None of the articles sold, but I continue getting offers.

I'm wondering if this is something the site has started doing to perhaps ensure author activity or somehow gauge prices of articles for some form of research. If so, I haven't seen this communicated anywhere.

Now I'm a little worried that perhaps this is some form of hacking attempt or attempt to steal content in some way.

Has anyone else had this happen or does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks!
tayalltheway

Re: Tons of Offers

Post by tayalltheway »

I write for Info as a private client sometimes, so I can assure you that she's not up to anything fishy or trying to steal content. I keep hearing about people getting constant offers from her that take forever to turn into sales (I never find that her offers on my catalog articles are fair enough, so I always reject them). I think she just likes to collect all her offers over a long period of time before finally going through and purchasing them all at once. Hopefully you have a windfall in your future.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

She hit 3 of my articles, so maybe she goes through at the beginning of the month and then makes her decision later.
docasphalt

Post by docasphalt »

Thanks for the replies! This is the first time I've had this many offers at once and there's actually an offer out there for every single article that I haven't sold previously, so definitely encouraging. Although I found it a little odd. Based on how long they've been for sale, the offers are reasonable to me, so I guess I'll accept them all and hope for the best.

Thanks again.
Abbamay

Post by Abbamay »

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=76845

Read this forum thread. We're all getting offers from info and really hoping they turn into sales... eventually. :)