Energy articles needed once again

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Constant

Energy articles needed once again

Post by Constant »

Hi Everyone! We've again been asked to provide a large number of articles on energy in a short period of time. This time, we have around 24 hours to write a bit over 150 articles. So, this would mean the deadline is around 10AM PST.

Please focus on writing about electricity prices, gas prices (for heating), comparison shopping, specific suppliers in the UK and ways to save on energy usage.

I'll update this post regularly leading up to the deadline so check back often, and let me know if you have any questions.

Please submit all articles to this request to let us easily process them:

https://www.constant-content.com/accoun ... m?id=18680
LizaBehrens

Re: Energy articles needed once again

Post by LizaBehrens »

Hello Everyone,

I've only recently joined CC, and submitted my first article earlier today.

I have an energy-related article that I would like to submit in response to this standing request but have been encountering problems in getting the article to upload, and would appreciate some guidance on what I might be doing wrong.

Initially, I attempted to submit the article by clicking where indicated in the original post, however, doing so landed me on a page where "submit article" was not an option, rather, the only submission option available to me was "submit existing article" (or similar). Since I am new, and the article in question does not already exist in the CC system, I was unsure as to how to proceed.

I then attempted to submit the article by clicking on the "standing requests" tab, which prompted the system to give me the message "no standing requests exist" (or perhaps it said "there are no standing requests"; I did not note the exact wording).

Finally, I attempted to simply submit the article without referencing the standing request, but saw no submission category labelled "energy" and found myself flummoxed.

Although I consider myself to be fairly computer savvy and am not usually this inept, my newness here is clearly showing. I can certainly produce more energy-related material before tomorrow's deadline if I could only figure out how to get the articles submitted, therefore, I'd be grateful if someone more experienced would take pity on this newbie and point out my mistake, or point me in the right direction.

I'm very happy to be a part of this community and look forward to being an active and productive participant! :D

Thanks very much
Liza
AteoAltruist

Post by AteoAltruist »

Hi...
Are all the big purchases for energy topics for a UK audience?
Thanks, these are great!
Tony.
Constant

Post by Constant »

Quick update. We've made a good dent, but still need around 100 articles.
writeratheart

Post by writeratheart »

Hi Liza,

In the Submit Article tab, you'll see - Is This For A Request?

1. Choose Public Request
2. Then look for the standing request for these energy articles.

That should do it..

LizaBehrens wrote:Hello Everyone,

I've only recently joined CC, and submitted my first article earlier today.

I have an energy-related article that I would like to submit in response to this standing request but have been encountering problems in getting the article to upload, and would appreciate some guidance on what I might be doing wrong.

Initially, I attempted to submit the article by clicking where indicated in the original post, however, doing so landed me on a page where "submit article" was not an option, rather, the only submission option available to me was "submit existing article" (or similar). Since I am new, and the article in question does not already exist in the CC system, I was unsure as to how to proceed.

I then attempted to submit the article by clicking on the "standing requests" tab, which prompted the system to give me the message "no standing requests exist" (or perhaps it said "there are no standing requests"; I did not note the exact wording).

Finally, I attempted to simply submit the article without referencing the standing request, but saw no submission category labelled "energy" and found myself flummoxed.

Although I consider myself to be fairly computer savvy and am not usually this inept, my newness here is clearly showing. I can certainly produce more energy-related material before tomorrow's deadline if I could only figure out how to get the articles submitted, therefore, I'd be grateful if someone more experienced would take pity on this newbie and point out my mistake, or point me in the right direction.

I'm very happy to be a part of this community and look forward to being an active and productive participant! :D

Thanks very much
Liza
Zabrina

Post by Zabrina »

Wow, lots left to do. If the request isn't filled by morning, I can get a good number of them done first thing tomorrow.
MSRoss

Post by MSRoss »

Liza,

"Finally, I attempted to simply submit the article without referencing the standing request, but saw no submission category labelled "energy" and found myself flummoxed."
Heh--that's because, at present, there *is* no "energy" category. You can use Science > Environmental, or, if it's a "green" or "eco-friendly" type article, perhaps Science > Alternative Science.

"Although I consider myself to be fairly computer savvy and am not usually this inept, my newness here is clearly showing"
No worries, Liza We've all been there at the beginning! Here's how to create a new article and submit it:

1. Save your article as a text file (.txt, .rft or .doc format). Be sure it's formatted properly; e.g., Arial or Times 12pt type, etc.
2. Click on "Submit Article" in the left sidebar. That will bring up the submission page.
3. Fill in the blanks as directed, and attach your text file by clicking on the "Choose File" button near the top of the form.
4. Click the "Submit Article" button at the bottom of the page.
5. Go work on another article while you await word of your submission's acceptance status :)

Best wishes!
elenawilliams

Post by elenawilliams »

LizaBehrens wrote: Finally, I attempted to simply submit the article without referencing the standing request, but saw no submission category labelled "energy" and found myself flummoxed.
I've forgotten, at times, to choose the "Is this for a request" field - and had to resort to this 'fix' which might help with your situation.

First, delete the existing submission.

Then, re-submit the article. This time, after typing in the title and picking a category (you can choose any one which matches the topic of your content), and choosing the article file, you'll see a field labeled "Is This For a Request?"

"Not For a Request" is the default. From the drop-down menu, choose the "Public Request" option.

This automatically brings up another drop-down menu, listing all the public requests currently active.

From that menu, choose the "Standing request" for this project - scrolling down, you'll see "Standing Request - Energy Articles (Expires On: 2013-05-31)

Then enter word count, price and the excerpts, click SUBMIT - and you're done :)

Hope this helps.

Good luck and happy writing!

To your success
Elena
freelanceprowriter

Post by freelanceprowriter »

LizaBehrens wrote:Hello Everyone,

Thanks very much
Liza
Liza, you need to submit the article as normal under Submit Article, but select "Public Requests." If you scroll down you'll see two together that have "Standing" at the beginning, the top one will be for Energy articles. Hope that helps! I have no idea why they aren't under Standing Requests.
LizaBehrens

Post by LizaBehrens »

My thanks to writeratheart, MSRoss, elenawilliams and freelanceprowriter for your very helpful replies to my post. The article has been successfully submitted--in fact, I've reached my apparent submission limit of three--so now I'll sit back and wait. :)

I appreciate how quickly and genuinely you all came to my rescue!

Liza
MSRoss

Post by MSRoss »

We're about a half-hour from the stated deadline. Are we done with the rush? I'm sure it's always helpful to have more in the coffer for the next deluge, but for now, are any more articles urgently needed?

/standing by!
Constant

Post by Constant »

Another update. We're about 25 articles short. Please submit some articles if you can.
Constant

Post by Constant »

We've now filled this order. Thanks for all your contributions. Please continue to submit to our standing requests when you have a chance - any articles we have ready to go when these orders comes are usually the first ones added.