More articles needed on car, home and life insurance

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

csjwilkinson

Re: More articles needed on car, home and life insurance

Post by csjwilkinson »

Roger. With the time now up, would you advise writing more? Filling up the empty category and being ready for a future bulk buy?
Constant

Post by Constant »

csjwilkinson wrote:Roger. With the time now up, would you advise writing more? Filling up the empty category and being ready for a future bulk buy?
You took the words out of my mouth :) When we issue a Standing Request, it's because we're anticipating a big need for certain types of articles or have identified a void in the catalog. Adding articles to these Standing Requests is a great way to build up your catalog in niches that are very likely to have good sales.
Kaytee

Post by Kaytee »

Once again I was really impressed by the editors' efficiency in reviewing large volumes of articles in a short timespan. Go team! ;)

I think that people often forget that the customers, as well as the writers, who use CC are located internationally so the timezones involved will not always be convenient for everyone. Complaining about the deadlines benefits no one, but this standing request has been up for days so nobody can really accuse CC of failing to give us due warning. Yes, it's easier to be motivated to write for an urgent request we know is likely to sell promptly, but the opportunity was still there prior to that. I had meant to submit to the standing request before it became urgent, but prioritised other things and let it slide. Thus any mad scramble last night/today (GMT) to submit before the cut-off was much my own doing.

Now I'm just waiting to see if they sell (as they're currently "waiting"), but even with urgent requests it has sometimes been 24 hrs before the sale is completed so I'll not be disheartened yet.
stelle

Post by stelle »

Thanks to the CC team for the quick reviews during last week's rush order!

I'm wondering - for these sorts of orders, should we assume that the buyer is American? When it comes to discussing or reviewing specific things like credit cards and insurance, then it might make a difference. Also - does the spelling (American vs Canadian/British) matter for standing orders?

Thanks!
S
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

Like you, I generally assume that the buyer wants US English and US-slanted subject matter unless otherwise stated; but I would be happy if that preference could always be explicitly stated, specially for bulk requests, where there is more time and effort to lose by getting it wrong. I imagine that a UK bias would always be stated, but it would be good to know that for sure. I think it would be reassuring. And sometimes the buyer might be happy with either, which would be good to know.
Kaytee

Post by Kaytee »

With one of the bulk energy orders a couple of requests ago, they specifically asked for articles suitable for the UK market. I followed up with another couple of UK-slanted pieces (metric volumes and GBP projected savings) which sold the next time the request was put out, although it wasn't listed as a requirement that time. So I think that customer accepts both, though clarity on the preference would be welcome with all the standing orders and urgent requests.
jak

Post by jak »

I've sold articles to that customer aimed at UK readers too.