Articles needed on credit cards and insurance

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Constant

Articles needed on credit cards and insurance

Post by Constant »

We have an urgent need for articles on credit cards and insurance by 2AM PST. We primarily need articles that cover balance transfer credit cards and interest free cards for the credit card request, and articles that cover home and car insurance for the insurance one.

I'm creating this topic so I can keep you up to date on our progress throughout the day. Currently we need around 50 articles on insurance, and 100 on credit cards. I'll update these numbers as we go.

Here are the requests where you can submit your articles:

Insurance

https://www.constant-content.com/accoun ... m?id=18520

Credit Cards

https://www.constant-content.com/accoun ... m?id=18522
Isabelnewth

Re: Articles needed on credit cards and insurance

Post by Isabelnewth »

I wonder if anyone else gets confused about time zones?

It seems to be 12.45 there (PST) at the moment, is that today or tomorrow? an I right in thinking that there is about 13 hours for this request? ( most of which will be tomorrow for me)

Would it make sense to say how many hours are left, rather than giving a time limit in your zone?

I think that would be helpful, cheers!
Constant

Post by Constant »

Sorry, yes there are about 12-13 hours left for this request.
angeladi

Post by angeladi »

I already have about four or five approved articles on Car Insurance. Would those automatically be presented to the client for sale?
Constant

Post by Constant »

angeladi wrote:I already have about four or five approved articles on Car Insurance. Would those automatically be presented to the client for sale?
We're adding what we can to the order. If you see its status change to "waiting" that likely means it's in the order.
Constant

Post by Constant »

Time for the first update. We're almost set for Car Insurance articles, and need another 20 or so articles on Home Insurance. We still need about 80 articles on credit cards - specifically on Zero Interest and Balance Transfer cards (these are the specific subjects we're looking for this time).
Constant

Post by Constant »

Update time! We now need about 15 Home Insurance articles, 25 Balance Transfer Credit Card articles, and 40 Zero Interest Credit Card articles. We've got a good coverage of more general, "What is", "Benefits of", "Drawbacks of" type articles, so please try to come up with unique takes on these subjects.
Constant

Post by Constant »

Last update, most likely. At this point we have another 4-5 hours to go, and need just another 20 or so articles on zero interest credit cards.
JayAbraham

Post by JayAbraham »

How do you recommend pricing a 500 word article? I have priced one of mine at $25.
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

In the end I chose to sleep rather than participate in this one, but I wonder whether CC eds could take on board the time zone thing?

If an 'amount of hours left for request' was given in the initial general email rather than in a forum post, that would be helpful as far as I'm concerned.

If there is a post on the forum giving that info I remain stubbornly confused, because the forum seems to give quite erratic times of posts ( are they people's local times?). Whereas email (mine anyway) converts that into my local time automatically.

(Unless there's a way to get forum post alerts in your email, which I haven't found.)

I may be the only one who struggles with time zones, and if so I apologise.

Cheers!
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

Jay, I think you have to go by what it says on the request. I always choose the largest amount!
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

if there is a range I mean, not the largest in the world.
stelle

Post by stelle »

Jay, do you mean a 500-word article in general, or a 500-word article for a request? If you mean for the request, then go by the range given. These articles were requested at 30-40 dollars, so you can price them in that range. I personally listed mine at 40.

If you mean 500-word articles in general...well it depends on how much research and time went into them, but I usually list at 8-9 cents per word.
JDWhang

Post by JDWhang »

@Isabel I think it's Pacific by default, but you can set your time zone from User Control Panel>Board Preferences.
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

Thanks, JD.Yes that's better.