Update to Writer Pools

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Constant

Update to Writer Pools

Post by Constant »

Just wanted to pass along that we've updated the terms of the Writer Pools so that writers can now claim up to 3 requests at one time from the Public Pool, and an unlimited amount from Private Pool Requests. There are a few good ones available now, especially in the Reviews pool, so be sure to check it out!
aprilk10

Re: Update to Writer Pools

Post by aprilk10 »

That sounds great! However, am I missing something? I haven't seen any new ones show up recently (or got many emails), and there is only one under "reviews." It has been there awhile. I did grab one in "blogs" the other day. I haven't seen many show up in the writer's pools though (I am approved for many of them), Have there been a lot? I'm just wondering because this would account for making it possible to claim more than one. If there have, maybe I am looking in the wrong place! Anyway, that sounds great! Thanks!
salem

Post by salem »

My applications for a few writer pools have been in "waiting" mode for well over a month. When will my applications be reviewed?

Thanks,
Salem
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

OK, now none are showing. There were 3 or 4 there this morning. They had all been there for a while, so I am now wondering if they were picked up, or if I am just not seeing them. I hope my comment above wasn't taken the wrong way. I wasn't trying to be cynical, I just hadn't seen many new ones show up. :-)
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Once a writer claims a writer pool request, it disappears from view for the rest of the writers in that pool. Also, I believe they come with expiration dates as well.
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

yeah, but even the one I had claimed last week and had already written and sold was still showing this morning, as well as three others. One had expired last week, and the other two still had some time left I think. Anyway, just seemed odd that they would all suddenly disappear...especially when at least two of them had been there for quite some time! I guess maybe somebody did finally pick them up...or something! It just scared me when I went to check and it said something to the effect of "You currently do not qualify for any available requests." I checked...I'm still accepted to 5 categories! Whew! :-)
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

weird. They all showed back up today!
Constant

Post by Constant »

Sorry everyone. We had a bug that was causing this - it's been fixed now.
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

Mine are back to not showing anything. The same 3 had popped back up.
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

I have the same problem.
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

I just got a message about an addition to the pool...but nothing there when I check it. Oh well, at least I know now that it isn't just me! :-)
Constant

Post by Constant »

Sorry everyone - this bug should be fixed now.
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

Thanks! I was able to accept one last night! The only other thing I have noticed is that the expired ones and the ones I have already completed and sold are not disappearing. I have currently only completed two from the pool. When I submitted one today, the other one also appears in my drop down list even though it has been purchased and is expired. This one also is still showing on the page of requests.
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

Does anyone else still see expired requests on the writer pool board? I still see many that are expired and two that I claimed, wrote, and sold. I haven't seen any new ones lately, but that may just be because there haven't been any? I am guessing there are still some bugs to iron out, just wondering if others are seeing the same!

Also, I accepted and wrote one that never purchased it. Would it be possible to see the client's purchase rating? I know that doesn't necessarily mean they won't buy anything, but I often use it to determine if I want to take a chance on writing a request.
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Hi April,

I can see the requests with due dates that have passed as well. I imagine the requests haven't been filled yet, and the customer just hasn't closed the request. I'm beginning to think that the writer pool requests only close when the customer does so.

Some of my writer pools have expired deadlines, but they are ongoing requests and the customer just hasn't updated the deadline.

I do agree that it would be nice to see the purchase rating on these as well. I'm sorry that you've been burnt like that with the customer not making the purchase.

Happy Writing,
WG