Update to Writer Pools

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

jellygator

Re: Update to Writer Pools

Post by jellygator »

I had the same thing happen to me, and an e-mail to support had it cleared up the same day. Now I'm waiting for approval.
nicole22biba

Post by nicole22biba »

Can anyone tell me how to find these pools and how to apply for them?
Thank you
rsunset327

Post by rsunset327 »

Hey where exactly do I find the writer pool stuff?
nicole22biba

Post by nicole22biba »

Hi,

this is the answer i received from support:
"The pools are actually only accessible via invitation from the editors. When they notice a writer consistently submitting error free work they'll often extend an invite."
So, I guess that we have to write and hope that one editor will invite us to write for the writer pools. Unfortuntaly, from other forum discussions, I found out that the CC editors don't invite many writers these days. It seems that there's no constant flow of work within these pools. We'll see...
Abbamay

Post by Abbamay »

Hi everyone,

The writer pools are quite busy and I have all the work I need from them. It just seems to me (not that I can answer for the editors) that the editors wait until they need more writers in the pool, and then they offer you a place if they can see that you write consistently and are available. I started by doing standing requests about energy/insurance/broadband/credit etc, and after many months I was invited to join those pools. So you could consider writing for those standard requests too and just keep submitting work and see what happens later next year.

Good luck.

Abba May
Sakmeht

Post by Sakmeht »

Hi there,

Just wanted to throw in my support for those of you waiting for an invite from the editors.
I've written maybe six or seven articles over the last two or three months, about half of them for
standing requests (energy and health/lifestyles) and have had 100 percent acceptance.
I received an invite from an editor last night and he popped me into the energy writers
pool, saying that they had a large amount of articles that needed to be written by a large
client. Not trying to toot my own horn, just wanting to shed light on what they may be
watching for in regards to your work. There evidently is a need right now for energy
articles. Unfortunately, the invite came at the wrong time for me as the next two weeks
I'll be helping my dad find an assisted living facility nearby. But I look forward to writing
for the pools in the future.

Edited to say that I was just looking again and it's looks as though I've just been invited
to a project, not a pool. However, I now have a writer's pool tab in the requested content
section and I'm able to apply to the various writers pools if I so desire.