Writer Pools Now Available to Customers

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Constant

Writer Pools Now Available to Customers

Post by Constant »

Today marks the launch of the Writer Pools program to customers, which will improve the way that Constant Content handles custom content projects and create exciting new opportunities for writers. Be sure to apply to the Writer Pools today, if you haven't already!

There are a number of updates to the site associated with this release including changes to the Request Process, Writer Search, Writer Profiles and the Requested Content section. Read on to find out what's changed.

Customers will now have the option, when placing requests, to use forms specifically designed for requesting the following types of content:
  • Blog Posts
    Copy Editing
    E-books
    Press Releases
    Product Reviews
    Sales Copy and Landing Pages
    SEO Writing
    Technical Writing
    White Papers
For these types of Public Requests, only writers who have been approved for the associated Writer Pool will be notified of the request and be eligible to work on it. If you have been approved for one of these pools, you will be notified each time a new project is posted.

Writers will be able to claim these requests and will be given the exclusive opportunity to complete the project (similar to a Private Request). Each writer will be able to claim one project at a time, and by claiming it, must agree to deliver the content within the budget and timeframe the client has specified.

You can view all projects available to you and claim one from the Requested Content Page.

Customers will also have the option to send you these types of requests via Private Requests which will operate the same as always. Similarly, the Public Requests for Articles will function as it always has.

Improved Writer Search

As part of these updates, we've also improved the Writer Search page to allow customers to use more search parameters to find you. They will now be able to search by the types of content you're approved to write, the number of articles you've written, the amount you can write in one week, your turnaround time and more.

Updated Writer Profiles

If you are accepted to a Writer Pool it will appear on your Profile Page listed under the types of content you're approved for. This is a way of showing customers that you're a top writer on Constant Content and that you have the editors' stamp of approval for the type of content listed.

Writer Pool Settings

Keeping your profile and Writer Pool Settings up to date will be a huge help to us as we work to find projects for you. On the Writer Pool Settings page you can switch your availability on and off, which will control whether you are included in the Writer Pools at that time. You can also let us know how many articles you could commit to writing at that point in time, as well as how fast you can deliver an article.

These settings are designed to give both Constant Content and its customers better insight into a writer's availability and keeping it up to date will help you connect with more projects.

New Opportunities

We've made these changes for a number of reasons, but at the heart of it is a desire to better connect our customers with our best writers. The changes we've made should help you be found more easily and provide more opportunities to work on good projects.

Another major benefit of these updates is that they promote that Constant Content writers can write much more than just articles. We will be promoting the new types of content covered by the Writer Pools in the coming months, which should create many good writing opportunities.

We hope you will find these new services helpful. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or would like to talk more about the services we offer.
carpenjoyce

Re: Writer Pools Now Available to Customers

Post by carpenjoyce »

I would like to apply for an e-book writer post, but I've never written an e-book before. I do have a growing collection of articles on cc and have already been approved as an article writer. I've also had quite a few sales at up to .15 a word. Is it possible to be approved as an ebook writer in this situation?
jak

Post by jak »

My applications for pools were made straight away after we heard about them, but they are still listed as waiting. I assume Constant staff are still going through them but meanwhile, will I be missing out on opportunities?
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

jak wrote:My applications for pools were made straight away after we heard about them, but they are still listed as waiting. I assume Constant staff are still going through them but meanwhile, will I be missing out on opportunities?
I came here to ask about the same thing. I applied the same day, but mine still says "waiting." I kinda figured they were flooded with apps. At least, that's what I'm telling myself in the hopes I haven't been rejected. :D
momsmoney

Post by momsmoney »

I have recently had the required 10 articles approved. I have been checking around the site and came across the stuff about the writers pool. When I go to this area, everything is shown as unavailable. How do I change that?

Thank you,
momsmoney :?
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

If you click on "writers pool" in the left side pane, you should be taken to the section where you can apply for the different pools. Until you do that and get accepted, the writers pool requests will be unavailable.
cbhrbooth

Post by cbhrbooth »

Celeste Stewart wrote:If you click on "writers pool" in the left side pane, you should be taken to the section where you can apply for the different pools. Until you do that and get accepted, the writers pool requests will be unavailable.
Is that still available as an option? I saw it at one time, but now can't find it. Maybe CC had too many applications? Just guessing since I can't find it anymore.
Celeste Stewart

It's still available. Sorry, it's listed as "Writer Pool Settings" now. But, there are little yellow buttons below each pool labeled "apply." I just applied to the blog pool the other day. So, make sure you're signed in, go to the left pane, click on Writer Pool Settings, and pick a pool. Click the yellow "apply" button.
cbhrbooth

Post by cbhrbooth »

Hmmm. . . not for me. I'm signed in, but when I click on "Writing Pool Settings" I see the screen you described but with gray buttons below "blog" or "white papers". Those buttons read "unavaiable" (yes it's misspelled on all the buttons) and I can't click on any of them. I've tried clicking all over the screen and even looked for a secret message to type in :D but still nothing.

I dunno know. I'm not getting CC inbox notices either when my articles sells - although the money is popping up in the account sales box - so maybe it's my account.

I suppose I should get off the forum and send a note to tech support . . .
Celeste Stewart

That's strange. I assume you already have at least 10 articles approved?

The CC notices have always been flukey for me. Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't.
cbhrbooth

Post by cbhrbooth »

Celeste Stewart wrote:That's strange. I assume you already have at least 10 articles approved?
At least 10 articles purchased? Yes.

10 articles sitting out in the directory? Maybe. Maybe not.

I usually stick to Private Requests so I'm not generating a lot of articles for the general hopper. Maybe that's what I need to investigate.

More than anything I was curious about the application. Right now, my schedule is tight, but since writing is feast or famine I figured I should educate myself on the opportunity.

I'll keep poking around. Thanks for your helpfulness, Celeste.
momsmoney

Post by momsmoney »

I figured out my problem... There's a button that says unavailable right above the line: desired number of articles per week. When I clicked it and changed it to available the apply buttons came up. Previously they were all grayed out and said unavailable.

Now I just need to figure out how to apply correctly.
salem

Post by salem »

My writer pool status for all of the ones I applied for has been in "waiting" status for several weeks. When will I finally find out what I've been approved for?