Update to Author Status Page

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Constant

Update to Author Status Page

Post by Constant »

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to pop in and discuss the update we released today that updates the Account Status page for writers.

You'll notice we're showing more information on this page than before, including the most recent requests, the most recently sold articles and the latest search topics that users have entered into our search form. This information is available on other sections of the site, but we wanted to make it more prominent as these are great things to watch when deciding what topics to write on.

Finally, we added an inventory of the number of articles we have for sale for full rights for every category on the site. How is this useful? Simply, it helps you identifiy opportunities in our catalog. Many of the categories with very high article counts are the ones that also have the highest number of articles sold and so are good options because there is a good level of demand. Many of the categories with lower article counts are areas of opportunity where you can create content for an under-served niche and benefit when a customer looking for that content comes along. We've seen many times that one customer building a new site will clear one of these smaller categories of all its stock in one purchase; so it's definitely worthwhile having content in those categories.

You will also notice that this update moves the referral stats off of the Account Status page. To view your referral stats, please visit this page - http://www.constant-content.com/account/referrals.htm

Have a great night,

Eric
Judith
Location: I may be found where mountains rise and rivers flow.

Re: Update to Author Status Page

Post by Judith »

I like it!! Very helpful improvements. Now all I need is more time to write!!
happywriter

Post by happywriter »

Thanks, Eric, very helpful indeed. :D
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

Any chance we could have the referral link added back to the author status page? Would be handy to see again there somewhere if it can be fitted in.
JStone

Post by JStone »

Peejay wrote:Any chance we could have the referral link added back to the author status page? Would be handy to see again there somewhere if it can be fitted in.
Seconded. The only way I know to get to the referral link now is to come to this thread...it's getting annoying :evil:
happywriter

Post by happywriter »

I agree.
Not easy to remember the link.
4rumid

Post by 4rumid »

I logged onto the forum just now to ask exactly the same thing. :)
tjwriting

Post by tjwriting »

Ok, two questions:

1) The referral link page isn't up a lot of the time. What's up?

2) I talked my brother into writing for this site (he'll probably write about video games), but he has yet to sign up. This is because when he tries to log in using the referral link, the URL does not display my number. That is, rather than displaying the following:

http://www.constant-content.com/&aref=58788

It displays merely:

http://www.constant-content.com

We're worried that I may not get credit for his writing if he signs up and the "aref" doesn't display. I suspect others have the same questions, and would appreciate an answer. We're waiting to get an answer before he creates an account.
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

HI,

A friend signed up using my referral link about three months ago. Even though the referral link does not appear when someone signs up, it does list the new author as having been referred by you. Have your brother sign up, and if a glitch occurs, just contact support and they will fix it. Have your brother look at the full page when he signs up. If I remember correctly, my friend said that my name did appear on the form somewhere.

Happy Writing,
WG
tjwriting

Post by tjwriting »

Thanks so much, Word Gypsy. We'll follow your advice.
Raven

Post by Raven »

Peejay wrote:Any chance we could have the referral link added back to the author status page? Would be handy to see again there somewhere if it can be fitted in.
Seconded. I logged into the forum just now to ask this same question.