Switching Servers

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Constant

Switching Servers

Post by Constant »

Hi everyone,

We're just about to switch the site's servers to improve service and allow us to facilitate some planned changes to the site in coming weeks. We have tested the site running on the new server and haven't found any issues, but if you do run into some difficulties please email support and we'll look into it right away.

Take care,

Eric
aprilk10

Re: Switching Servers

Post by aprilk10 »

Thank Eric! In reading over an article that paased through editing this morning, I noticed that there are some misplaced characters (such as !) in the text and some areas where the text is cut off. I also notice the font is different (and a bit larger)! Thanks!
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

Anyone else getting script errors and slow run times? I'm only having this issue on CC, so am wondering if it has to do with the new server or my computer.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

A new CC writer contacted me this morning and said:
since yesterday I have been unable to contact them (CC) or open their site in my browser.

It gives me messages like the domain server is down, and when I did once get on the site, it wouldn't let me log in.

Is it just a problem with my computer, or is there some technical problem on the site?
For me, it's been fine though I did have a weird copyright notice displayed over the login section yesterday afternoon. Other than that, it's been business as usual for me.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I'm getting garbled text on some of the CC pages. . .
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

I'm trying to be patient. I know it takes time to work out the bugs, but it is getting a bit frustrating! I'm still getting script errors, slow run times, and articles I submit to public requests are still getting stuck in customer review. I have had this happen with two batches in the past couple of weeks and have two others that have now been in customer review for 6 days. Just getting a little frustrated...
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

Still problems with articles not being returned to public profile...