Site Update

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Constant

Site Update

Post by Constant »

Hi everyone,

This morning we updated http://www.constant-content.com with an improved design meant to refresh the site and make it easier for customers to find articles and connect with writers via the request system.

We also made a few changes to structure of the site. First, the multimedia sections for photos, videos and illustrations have been removed. We're focused on written content and removing these sections will better communicate that.

Second, you'll notice when logging in that you no longer have to specify whether you are an author or a customer. This new universal login makes the login process a little simpler and easier to use. If you happen to have both an author and a customer account with the same login credentials the system will prompt you to select which account you want to access. Please note you can now only login using your email address; the system no longer supports logging in with your username.

Your day to day use of the site shouldn't be affected by this update and articles submissions and order processing remain unchanged.

We would love to hear your feedback on the updated site, so please submit your comments here. If you run into any issues with the new site please let us know by contacting Support and we'll reply as fast as we can.

Eric
Celeste Stewart

Re: Site Update

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hi Eric,
Thanks. One issue, I cannot log in! Another writer Karrie19?? can't log in either.
Thanks,
Celeste
Celeste Stewart

Update - I was able to log in by using my email address rather than my user name.
Constant

Post by Constant »

Hi Celeste,

Thanks for pointing that out. The new login will require both customers and authors to use their email to login. Sorry for the inconvenience there.

Eric
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

:D I always did use my email! I never knew you could just use your name before! Oh well!
Judith
Location: I may be found where mountains rise and rivers flow.

Post by Judith »

I have always signed in with my e-mail too, but I have been known to click on buyer instead of author a few times. I like that I won't be able to do that anymore! :D
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

I'm going to play Editor today and say that the prominent lines on the homepage could be improved:

================================================================================
Current Text:
PURCHASE QUALITY CONTENT FROM A DOCKET OF 30,000 PROFESSIONAL WRITERS
Our service provides publishers with guaranteed quality content, uniquely designed to build the value of their site and help their business grow.

Suggested Text:
PURCHASE QUALITY CONTENT FROM OVER 30,000 PROFESSIONAL WRITERS
As a publisher you need guaranteed quality content that is uniquely designed to build the value of your site and help your business grow. Constant Content delivers exactly what you need.

Rational:
The word docket refers to a list of things to be done (especially legal cases). It is also used as a transitive verb but never to refer to a list of people.
Speaking to the customer about what they need instead of about the customer and your services makes for more effective sales copy.
======================================================================
End of Editorial comments
Celeste Stewart

Jade's suggestion is more concise, too :)

Also, as far as the login goes. If you log in at the left (Area 1 in the screenshot below), you're taken to a second screen that requires that you log in once again in "Area 2" located in the center of the screen. So, two log ins :( (At least with Internet Explorer 8.0.)

Also, while my computer remembers my password for Area 1, it doesn't for Area 2 so this rememberance feature isn't helpful. A "remember me" feature would be greatly appreciated especially as my email address is excessively long and my password a pain to type.

PS - love the photo of the ugly, er unique, dog!
Attachments
New login.jpg
New login.jpg (92.69 KiB) Viewed 32298 times
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

yes...I had to log in twice also. It was previously stated that this was if you have an author AND a customer account. As far as I know though, I do not have a customer account. Having to log in twice is kind of...well...annoying! :wink:

Celeste, your's shows a dog? Mine shows a picture of some loud and lovely (unique) socked feet standing in front of an equally loud orange wall!
Celeste Stewart

Keep watching, the dog appears....
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

It is an ugly dog.

I haven't studied the main page much, but I agree with Jadedragon.
PURCHASE QUALITY CONTENT FROM OVER 30,000 PROFESSIONAL WRITERS
If you need the sentence to be longer, how about something like:

PURCHASE QUALITY, TOPIC SPECIFIC CONTENT FROM OVER 30,000 PROFESSIONAL WRITERS

or

PURCHASE QUALITY CONTENT FROM OVER 30,000 SEASONED, PROFESSIONAL WRITERS
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

It appears that the site is requiring people to log in twice. I don't know if that's universal, but it is in my and several other people's cases.
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

Yeah, I saw it change to the dog last night after I logged out...just didn't feel like logging back in to comment! :-) Still having to log in to the system twice..bummer.
Constant

Post by Constant »

Hey everyone,

The login issue seems to be Internet Explorer specific and we're hoping to have it fixed today. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Eric
Constant

Post by Constant »

Update - the bug requiring IE users to login twice has been fixed. Please let me know if you encounter any other issues.

What do you guys think of the update? Would love to hear your feedback and suggestions for improvement!

Eric