March 18 - 29, 2010

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Ed

March 18 - 29, 2010

Post by Ed »

Hi Writers,

Please note that I will be on vacation from March 18th to the 29th.

I have been working with an assistant who will be reviewing articles in my place. Though the method I use has been demonstrated, please be aware that variations in the review responses may occur.

Please offer patience and understanding during this time. I have had a long time to polish review techniques and make the process as efficient as possible while maintaining quality - it would take another person many months to exhibit the same speed and consistency. I will do my best to check in, but I can't guarantee how often I'll be able to.

Review times will be longer than usual while I am away. I will work to address the articles that have accumulated in the review queue upon my return.

There are several things that you can do to help keep the process running smoothly:
Submit only your very best work. Thoroughly proofread every part of your submission before sending it for review.
Refrain from submitting your longer articles until I return.
Double-check that your articles follow all of the guidelines.
Help to answer each other's questions in the forums.
If you have a question about something ask before you do it. Forum members are a great resource when it comes to writing rules and the submission process.
Take your time, which saves time for everyone - you, the customer, the editor, and your fellow writers.
Please refrain from bombarding Support with questions about when your articles will be reviewed! We will do our best to review articles in the most efficient manner possible.

Resources you will find helpful:
Tips for Editing Your Own Work - http://www.constant-content.com/forum/v ... =4&t=14407
Guidelines - http://www.constant-content.com/area/wr ... elines.htm
Extended Guidelines and Resources - http://www.constant-content.com/about/e ... elines.htm
FAQ - http://www.constant-content.com/area/writerfaq.htm
Tips for a More Efficient Rate of Acceptance - http://www.constant-content.com/forum/v ... =9&t=18227

Thanks,
Ed
aprilk10

Re: March 18 - 29, 2010

Post by aprilk10 »

Enjoy your vacation Ed!
SuzanneBosworth

Post by SuzanneBosworth »

Have a great holiday Ed. You work so incredibly hard. We'll try to remember not to overload your sequinned assistant :D

See you when you get back! Do we get a postcard? :P
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Have a great time Ed! You certainly deserve it. WG
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

Enjoy your well-deserved vacation, Ed! And welcome, Ed's Assistant...you have some big shoes to fill--no pressure :)
eek

Post by eek »

Ed wrote:
Refrain from submitting your longer articles until I return.
I panicked when I saw this, but thank goodness I did see it. I had several long articles on the burner, ripe for submitting after finalizing minor edits. I just wanted to say thank you Ed, for working so hard today! Have a great vacation.
Relieved & grateful,
Emma
p.s.I'll do my best to offer only short pieces while you're gone, for the sake of your assistant.
westernangel

Post by westernangel »

Enjoy your vacation Ed.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Thanks all!

I forgot to mention a couple of things:
The spam sometimes overruns the forums. To our volunteers - if it gets too much for you, please email Support and someone will help you.

I only mentioned the part about longer articles as a caution. I was trying to think of anything that could possibly ease the pressure. While of course I would never ask you not to submit your article for a request, no matter the length, I will be able to make quick work of your more lengthy articles written on spec myself.

Thanks a lot, Writers.
Ed
rohishetty

Post by rohishetty »

Have a great vacation Ed.
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Thanks Ed- if that was you today. If not, thanks Ed's helper! WG
Ed

Post by Ed »

Hi Writers,

It was great to come back to the forum and see how helpful everyone has been. Thank you!

Thanks, too, for your patience. We're working hard to get caught up and everything should be back to normal in the next few days. Except for a couple of problems on the back end, it seems that all went pretty smoothly the past couple of weeks.

Support and the subsititute editor were stellar. A big thanks to them, too.

Ed
eek

Post by eek »

Welcome back, Ed! Hope your vacation included lots of R&R.