Introducing a Minimum Price For Articles

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

jrichards

Introducing a Minimum Price For Articles

Post by jrichards »

Just wanted to introduce a small change to our submission form. Prices for usage, unique and full rights licenses are all now are required to be greater than $7. This update is to recognize that having a minimum price for articles is required to make sure that we can continue to provide the editorial oversight and plagiarism checking while still providing reasonably priced articles.

I've posted a little more information at
http://www.constant-content.com/about/w ... -price.htm

As always if you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

-jrichards
Support
Constant-Content.com
Celeste Stewart

Re: Introducing a Minimum Price For Articles

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Awesome! I know a lot of writers have wanted to see this too.
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

Why not $7.50? That would earn the site a few more cents on a lot of sales 8)
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

If it were $7.50 Dr. Kristie wwould have a lot of editing work ahead of her! :mrgreen:
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Just to be clear, this is for articles submitted from this point forward! No need to change prices on previously submitted articles. Although, I don't mind if you want to bump any prices up!
4rumid

Post by 4rumid »

Wow, there must be a lot of articles currently priced under $7 for this change to make a difference. I tend to work relatively slowly, but even if I were quicker, I can't see making $4.50 or less for an article!
Karbyn

Post by Karbyn »

>>> "Prices for usage, unique and full rights licenses are all now are required to be greater than $7."

Just to check, does that mean > 7.00? As in you'd need at least $7.01 for a price? (or more likely, $7.25 or $7.50 or whatever)

Or is 7.00 exactly, okay, too?
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

I think it means $7 or more.
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Hi all, I've been away for a bit, but finally got around to checking out the forums. Am I glad to see this change! Thanks CC. I know this has been a topic of much forum debate and I am pleased to see that CC is showing customers that the articles should be valued at more than $4 for example. Authors - Stick to your guns and REFUSE any best offers under the $7 mark, so that all customers get the hint.

Hayley
4rumid

Post by 4rumid »

One of my newest affiliates just sold an article for $5. How is that possible?
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

It must have been a best offer. I don't believe that there's a minimum price for accepting an offer.
4rumid

Post by 4rumid »

You're probably right. There really should be a minimum for offers too if there's going to be a minimum at all. (I almost feel like contacting the affiliate and saying, "What were you thinking?")
LindaM

Post by LindaM »

As of today, I'm seeing fullrights articles selling for $5.00. I wonder if these were offers or originally priced this way. Either way, this sets a new low ebb for the rest of us and some publishers may get in the habit of low-balling on a regular basis. I received an offer recently from a customer asking me to lower the price of a 690 word article from $35 to $17. I had not checked the 'best offer' box and it wasn't a public request. We settled on $20, but I still felt that it was way too low, given the 30% CC commission. I'm also seeing lots of public requests for 500-600 words for $10-$20.

I know it's my option to ignore low paying public requests or reject offers, but if we are moving to a lower standard of pricing, I guess I may be forced to accept this, in order to keep pace with everyone else. Hope this is not the case.
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

I'm pretty sure the cusotmers do not see the "Recently Sold List" to know what any articles are going for besides the ones they buy. I ignore those public requests that pay less than $20. I can clear $15 wrtiting 400-500 words elsewhere so why would I take less than $15 here? Perhaps if no one writes articles for public requests that don't pay at least $25 for 400 words, the customers will figure out they need to offer more. On the other hand, CC newbies may take a chance on the low-priced requests to build their sales records. Each writer has his or her own strategy.
dmgray

Post by dmgray »

I have accepted a few offers lower than I would of liked recently ($20-25). I think my problem is with impatience. I really should learn to hold out for longer because I know I am undervaluing my time and work - I shall learn to be more trusting in my article's ability to sell for a higher price. After all, one article I wrote months ago and forgot about just sold today, for its full price of $75, which was an unexpected bonus. I always figured that if an article did not sell within the first couple of weeks it would struggle, due to becoming hidden in the deeper pages of a category. I have been proved wrong and will be sticking to my guns from now on. Though I occasionally accept lower bids from regular buyers - but that is more about building a good long-term working relationship.

Off topic slightly, I was happy to find one of my articles unexpectedly popping up on a regular SEO industry newletter I receive every month. That was a pleasant surprise - first time I have seen my CC work pop up (apart from when it has been stolen!). It was sold full rights but the buyer (one of my regular buyers) had still given my credit for the piece, which was a nice touch.