New Type of Request: Standing Requests

Recent site updates, improvements, etc.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

jrichards

New Type of Request: Standing Requests

Post by jrichards »

As you may have noticed we have add a new type of request to the site the standing request. This is a place where we are going to put requests for content that we would like to market to our customers. We have some channels to market your content too where people are really interested in content that is available right now, and if it is available they'll purchase it and if it is not available... well they just end up moving on. This will also help us develop partnerships where we are able to market articles that directly to a group of people that we know. It doesn't show the same level of intent to purchase as a public or private request, but is meant to direct your efforts towards places where we know a) there is a market and b) we will be making specific efforts and partnerships to sell the content.

Keep your eyes open for upcoming standing requests!

If you have any questions, fire away!
-jrichards
Support
Constant-Content.com
Celeste Stewart

Re: New Type of Request: Standing Requests

Post by Celeste Stewart »

That sounds cool! Thanks!
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Sounds like an excellent idea!
Elizabeth Ann West

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

I think that will really help the learning curve for new authors. It takes practice, experience, and a little luck to get in front of the article demand rush. Standing requests will help in many ways, attracting that instant gratification buyer, who might peruse other titles or subject matter for other projects, not just the one the focused advertising brought them into.

I am looking forward to the "beat writing" :)
Elizabeth Ann West

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

I see the first one up, question, is the price range hard set? I realize a healthy number of affordable articles on a topic is important, but would articles that require specialized research or knowledge that fit with the topic but slightly more expensive still work? Or should we just submit them the regular way to the general article population?
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

I'm not quite clear on the standing request concept. Is CC purchasing the articles (suitable and approved of course) for resale later or asking writers to create a storehouse of articles on a particular tipic on spec? I'm assuming the latter but if it is the former and CC purchases the article upfront, wiill the author get the full price? If so, charging $30 would seem fair for 400-500 words. If it's the latter and it's all on spec, then I echo EAW's question: is the stated price range a suggestion or firm?

Thanks! :)
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I imagine the pricing is just like anything else we submit here. Charge more for more complex, longer topics and charge less for short, easy topics.
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Hi Debbi,

Just wanted to clarify, CC is not going to be buying these articles up front, we're going to be creating a storehouse in areas where we know there is demand, but no requests from particular authors. As such the price is just a guideline. I would treat the standing requests as good places to spend your efforts if you a) don't have any private or public requests that seem interesting to you and are looking for a topics that where there are regular sales.

Hope that helps,
-jrichards
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

This is great! Thanks J!
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

JR,

Thanks :) I'm looking forward to seeing more of these kinds of request!
Sharion

Post by Sharion »

Is the article still available publicly? Does it go into a holding period like other requests? Is there a way that customers can browse the articles submitted to the request or is it specifically something CC markets outside the normal catalog?

Interesting concept. We likey!
CRDonovan

Post by CRDonovan »

Great idea.
rohishetty

Post by rohishetty »

Thanks, great idea. :D
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

Sharion wrote:Is the article still available publicly? Does it go into a holding period like other requests? Is there a way that customers can browse the articles submitted to the request or is it specifically something CC markets outside the normal catalog?

Interesting concept. We likey!
I presume the articles just go into the public catalog for any buyer to access. No reason for any other system.
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

By the way, are submissions for standing requests given any sort of priority in the editing queue?

The more I think about the standing requests the more I like the idea. It's good for everyone--authors, CC and buyers too.