Create an Add to Favorites for Articles

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Ed-Publisher

Create an Add to Favorites for Articles

Post by Ed-Publisher »

I'm launching a new higher-education Web site and I'm always looking for good content. I've purchased a few articles so far, but sometimes I'd like to add some articles to "my favorites" without putting them in my shopping cart right away.

Does this option already exists and I don't know about it? If not, I think this would be a great feature to have. :)
grouchy

Post by grouchy »

Hello, E-P -

I find the prospect of writing for you pretty exciting, and I'm eager to see your request posted.

Re: your question -- If I understand it correctly, I believe saving an article as a favorite may be superfluous. If you want to take it off the "Articles for Sale" list, you would not find very many authors willing to go along with it, for fear of missing a possible sale if you ended up unable to purchase it.

If you didn't intend "favorites" to be taken off the market, chances are good it would be gone by the time you wanted it anyway, depending on the topic, of course. It does happen that a buyer can put in a request, a writer posts an article in response, and someone else swoops in and buys it before the original requester can.

If I've misunderstood, it's OK to tell me to go soak my head. :D
Ed-Publisher

Post by Ed-Publisher »

No, I don't mean to take the article off the market. But after some thought, and determining what my needs are (and if my visitors may find the article helpful), I may go back to the article at a later date to see if it's still available. Kind of like a "filler" article.

For example, I believe there are three to four articles in my shopping cart right now that I will take another look at tomorrow to determine if I can use them.