I'd buy more if.......

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Linda

I'd buy more if.......

Post by Linda »

If I could see the whole article before I purchase it. I've purchased a few articles from CC and at times I've been thrilled with the article and once or twice I've been less than thrilled. Sometimes the portion of the article I can view before purchasing just isn't enough for me to know if it will work for my purpose. The article can take a completely different turn in the next paragraph or can fall short of the complete information I need.

I know there's a risk involved in showing complete articles before purchase, but maybe someone has some ideas on solving this problem.

Another wish on my wish list is the ability to upgrade my purchase. If I buy an article as "usage" and find it outstanding for my purpose, sometimes I would be willing to upgrade my purchase to unique or full rights.

Thanks.
Linda
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Hi Linda -

Thanks for the suggestions, we are working on a upgrade feature. In the meantime you can always contact us if you wish to do this and we can do this manually.

Writers display 75% of the article, normally this is a good enough length to determine if the article is going to work for your needs. With that said if you post a request you can always ask the writers to post the entire article in the summary. You could even post a private request to a specific author and request that they repost a article with the entire article in the summary, you will find many writers will do this.
kimberly

Re: I'd buy more if.......

Post by kimberly »

Linda wrote:If I could see the whole article before I purchase it. I've purchased a few articles from CC and at times I've been thrilled with the article and once or twice I've been less than thrilled. Sometimes the portion of the article I can view before purchasing just isn't enough for me to know if it will work for my purpose. The article can take a completely different turn in the next paragraph or can fall short of the complete information I need.

I know there's a risk involved in showing complete articles before purchase, but maybe someone has some ideas on solving this problem.

Another wish on my wish list is the ability to upgrade my purchase. If I buy an article as "usage" and find it outstanding for my purpose, sometimes I would be willing to upgrade my purchase to unique or full rights.

Thanks.
Linda

I agree, it would be nice to buy an article then after reading it be able to upgrade to full rights. I really don't like buying full rights without being able to read the full article.

It would be nice if the full article was shown in an image format so buying could read the whole article but people looking to steal article can't do so because it is an image.

Kimberly
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

You can now upgrade a license, that feature has been available since the new site update.
kimberly

Post by kimberly »

constant wrote:You can now upgrade a license, that feature has been available since the new site update.
Thanks for letting me know. I didn't realize.
JerryGarner

Post by JerryGarner »

I would (personally) find it easier to let go and post the entire article if CC would implement one minor change to the system.

If CC would code the html of the pages of the site so that:

1. The text of the article does not appear in the source code of the page. This wouldn't be difficult since they're already using php.

2. A visitor to the site can not highlight the text on the page. This is a very basic code implementation.

Ok, I guess that's two small things. Anyway, my point is, if CC would do these two things, then the only way for someone to take the article without paying would be if they took the time to manually retype the entire article. That's probably too much work for the average content thief.

I think most anyone who has been writing on the internet for any length of time has found a lot of stolen work circulating web sites and blogs, and there is little recourse against it in most cases. When the site is designed in a manner that makes it easy to copy and paste the entire article, it is much more difficult for me to provide the entire work.

Just my two cents.
Galskygge

Post by Galskygge »

[quote="JerryGarner"]I would (personally) find it easier to let go and post the entire article if CC would implement one minor change to the system.

If CC would code the html of the pages of the site so that:

1. The text of the article does not appear in the source code of the page. This wouldn't be difficult since they're already using php.

2. A visitor to the site can not highlight the text on the page. This is a very basic code implementation.

Ok, I guess that's two small things. Anyway, my point is, if CC would do these two things, then the only way for someone to take the article without paying would be if they took the time to manually retype the entire article. That's probably too much work for the average content thief.

I think most anyone who has been writing on the internet for any length of time has found a lot of stolen work circulating web sites and blogs, and there is little recourse against it in most cases. When the site is designed in a manner that makes it easy to copy and paste the entire article, it is much more difficult for me to provide the entire work.

Just my two cents.[/quote]

Just adding in my two cents :lol:! I completely agree with Jerry, and think that would be a great idea if CC agrees/wants/can do that. Generally speaking, I do post a good bit of my article so that customers can get an idea of my article and what not, but I never post my complete article due to be afraid of some people attempting to copy my work, etc.
JerryGarner

Post by JerryGarner »

It is amazing to me that the system was not set up that way from the beginning. It's really not difficult to program, and considering that CC requires you to post such a large chunk of your work, the very least they could do is to make it difficult for someone to just take it without pay.