Sponsored Posts

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

XDS40

Sponsored Posts

Post by XDS40 »

I am not sure if I am the only one but I think it would be fantastic if there was a way to fill the gap with writers and high traffic websites. Many writers write content for these website's already and I would gladly pay for a sponsored post on these sites but there doesn't seem to be a marketplace or offering for this anywhere.

So right now we can buy content here and then we have to go post it on our website. I would love to pay for an article and then pay for it to be posted on larger sites.

I would love to hear feedback from writers or customers regarding this topic.
Lysis

Re: Sponsored Posts

Post by Lysis »

There have been sites like that. MyBlogGuest, which was penalized by Google :)

There have been people here buying content for other sites. You could find the site you want to target, see if they allow guest posts, hire the writer, and then send it to the blog.

The market of guest posting and sponsored posts has been hit hard by Google. You have to get content like that posted on the downlow. This is only if Google ranking is important to you, which it is for most people. Too many sponsored posts linking back to your site is running on dangerous ground if you rely on search engines for your traffic. I've had customers who (I think) are posting my content to third-party sites.

Most customers are very specific on what they want, especially when they contact you privately. In other words, you wouldn't be able to put a link to a third-party site unless the customer specifies it. It would be awkward to approach a customer too about placing a link in their content. I think it would be better for you to find the target site and then have the writer write the content.

But, you could always contact Constant about it. Maybe they can work something out for you. I think they are the better contact than the writers.