Who do I list as author?

Questions about Paid content or looking for specific paid content.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Linda

Who do I list as author?

Post by Linda »

I just purchased an article with a unique license. There is no author byline included in the article and the author name under which it was submitted seems to be a one word alias.

How do I list the author when I upload the article to my site?

Thanks,
Linda
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Hi Linda -

You just put what was ever in the article, its up to the writers to make sure a name is at the end of the article if they want it published. On the other hand if you need or want the writers name in the article, I can email them for you. Just let me know what article it is.

Thanks
Linda

Post by Linda »

I really don't have a preference one way or the other. I just wanted to find out what I should do.

Just to clarify now, since I just clicked on the author alias and found a real name (I didn't realize that before)......

When I download the article there is no author name in the text version or the word version. So in that case I would just upload it without giving credit to the author, right?

Thanks.
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Right, if they didn't include a name you don't need to publish it. Some writers don't want credit others demand it so it's different for everyone.
JohnS

I didn't know...

Post by JohnS »

I thought any article sold on this site could not include author info. IE, it "belongs" to the buyer, who uses his/her name (or anyone else they designate), as well as links they want to embed. No?