Unique Article appearing on other websites

Questions about Paid content or looking for specific paid content.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

libertate

Unique Article appearing on other websites

Post by libertate »

What does this mean?
What is a Unique Purchase?

A Unique Purchase is when you buy outright the information desired. Then we will withdraw the option of someone coming down the line and purchasing it as well (it is removed from the Constant Content. It stays exclusive to your website(s).
It reads to me that it is EXCLUSIVE to my site.

Yet, I find it on other web site(s). What are my recourses, with you, and the author?

I know what I can do with the other web site, yet I need to know details on your side and the author's side.

My order:
A History of Weight Watchers 05/18/2005 09:02:15 pm Order #387 Weight Watchers has been around for a long time.doc
Article on your site:
http://www.constant-content.com/?area=viewdoc&id=5118

Article on my site:
http://www.tincap.com/fora/showthread.php?t=155

Article on someone else's site:
http://weightlossdoctor.com/wloss/28.html

This is jeopardizing my site. It exposes it to legal action.

The term @$%^#$%^ PISSED is an understatement.
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

We are looking into if the author broke the license agreement or the website is just stealing your content. As it no longer appears on Constant Content. The link you posted from Constant Content is a dead link since the article has been removed.

We will let you know ASAP.

Thank you
libertate

Post by libertate »

Just want to also note that you have personally wrote to my e-mail, and I appreciate your quick response.

Although I am slightly still charred at the edges, I am no longer flaming.

There is a "tool" or web site out there, that can search for content that might appear on sites.

Would it be possible for Constant-Content to run a quick querry on an article, and put a "no dups found!" next to the Unique or other exclusive licensing? Even if you charge the buyer (that would be me) and extra $1 or $2, I would not flinch. I rather have it checked when it gets posted - it reduces more costly headaches later...
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

We do this with all our articles, they all run through copyscape.com as well as our own ways of checking. This particular article was posted on GoArticles on in May the same time the article was bought by you. Add to this that its was the first article this writer posted to our site. All of this put together created this situation where the writer made a mistake and we couldn’t catch it since the Goarticles post had not be index by search engines.

We actually catch many articles that people try to sell exclusively that shouldn't. If this happens often with a writer they will be banned. For the most part if it does happen, its an accident on the writers part but it does not happen often.