Can someone buy an article from Constent Content and Sell it

Questions about Paid content or looking for specific paid content.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

shafinbest

Can someone buy an article from Constent Content and Sell it

Post by shafinbest »

If some one buy an article from Constant-Content with Full Rights and again sell it here on Constant-Content. Will it be allowed? Just asking the question.

Thanks,
Shafin.
Evelyn

Re: Can someone buy an article from Constent Content and Sell it

Post by Evelyn »

Howdy, Shafin. I don't think there's anything explicit in the C-C rules that says you can't do this, but I would add that we're a small community here (not like some other writing sites).

If you buy an article that was previously submitted to the editors and re-submit it under your own author name, they'll quickly catch on. A real human editor reads every single word of every single submission. Really! So, if they start seeing the same stuff over again with a different author name, they might choose to warn or ban you.

Why not just write your own original works and submit them? As a supportive writing community, we're not only in the business of making money but also ensuring webmasters of the best content on the planet. Join us. There's no reason to try to get around the excellent system we have in place.

Visit the forums often! And welcome to C-C.

Evelyn
MicheleH

Post by MicheleH »

This question makes an excellent point - that at least one person believes some of the pricing is so low that they can flip pieces for a profit.

I am new here and have yet to have something approved but seeing full rights sell for as low as $10 does not seem worthy of the level of work being done here.
JStone

Post by JStone »

I'm sure I read an old thread where someone asked this same question, and CC said it was fine to resell articles that had been bought here as long as they had purchased full rights. Once a buyer has paid for full rights, they can do what they like with the article since they effectively own it.

I'm not sure I understand why anyone would have a problem with this. Authors set their own prices...if they set their prices so low that other people can afford to buy and resell their articles, then it's up to the author to decide whether to raise their prices. There's nothing in the rules that says buyers can't make a profit out of reselling our writing.
MicheleH

Post by MicheleH »

Evelyn wrote:Here are a couple of forum threads for your reading pleasure:

http://www.constant-content.com/forum/v ... =4&t=19920

http://www.constant-content.com/forum/v ... =4&t=21194

I hadn't seen those two threads but this one really takes the cake and should serve as a warning to all newbies here...

http://www.constant-content.com/forum/v ... =4&t=21697