Purchased Full Rights / Unique Content

Questions about Paid content or looking for specific paid content.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

HalfTermDates

Purchased Full Rights / Unique Content

Post by HalfTermDates »

I purchased a unique article but have subsequently discovered the same article content online, from a date earlier than when I purchased via Constant Content.

Here is a link to Way Back Machine for 2nd March 2013:
http://web.archive.org/web/201303022309 ... don.co.uk/

You will see content regarding the "Tower of London".

This is the exact same content as I purchased on the 26th March 2013 via your website. Ref: Order #51065
Therefore the article written by Grace Elliot was NOT unique, with full-rights.

I would like an explanation please as to how this can happen.

I await your feedback,

kind regards,

Malcolm Oakley
HalfTermDates

Re: Purchased Full Rights / Unique Content

Post by HalfTermDates »

24 hours later and no contact from Constant Content.

Any updates please MODS?
I also used the customer service email AND the online chat facility.
Not very professional ignoring a customer (who has spent $$$$) for 24 hours and selling content as "unique / full rights" when clearly it had been online for approx 20 days.

I don't expect miracles but an honest answer would be a start!
mnicol22

Post by mnicol22 »

Hello!

I am neither a moderator nor a C-C employee, but as a writer here I've seen this issue arise before. It's highly likely that the article you purchased had been stolen by a scraper posing as a customer. The articles we upload here are thoroughly checked for plagiarism, and any trace of unoriginal content can result in permanent suspension of our account.

Sadly, scrapers always find ways to steal our work even if they have to type the content word for word. We have discovered numerous occasions where our articles appear on the Web without ever having been purchased. It's insulting and infuriating both for us as writers and for the customers, who have every right to become suspicious.

I'm in no position to tell you what course of action C-C will take in your case, but I'm pretty confident you will get an answer soon. They take content theft seriously, and they've always tried to help us in similar situations. I hope your issue gets resolved quickly.
HalfTermDates

Post by HalfTermDates »

Hi,

I am pleased to say CC have refunded me in full and I am pleased to hear your opinions.
Like many website owners I have invested a lot of money into CC and really do hope this was a one-off occurrence.

So thank you for your reply and thank you CC for the credit back to my account, which I will be spending here naturally.

Malcolm