Communicating with authors

Have a question about content or the website?

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Project Dave

Communicating with authors

Post by Project Dave »

I've posted my first request in which I provided a list of about 30-40 article topics. As I purchase articles I'd like to update my request to show which topics I no longer need. Is it best to just edit the original request (would authors notice the update)? Or should I send a reply to every author advising them of the update (seems a bit excessive)?

Is there an easy way to post a message to all authors who are contributing to my request?

Are we expected to reply to every author who offers an article? That might be a bit daunting, but I don't want to appear rude or ungrateful.

And finally (for now), is there a minimum period of time I should wait before purchasing an article, in order to give all authors a fair change to make a submission? I'd hate to purchase the first good one I see, then learn that a dozen other authors were also working hard on their articles. On the other hand I don't want to wait too long or else some other customer might snap up the article before I get it.

Sorry about all the questions, just trying to get my head around it all.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Dave,

That's really nice of you to be so conscientious, but really . . . it's up to you!

If you plan to keep your request for content open to the community of authors, it would be easiest to edit it with updates. If you find a couple of authors that you would like to work with, you can contact them for Private Requests, in which you can communicate with them on a one-on-one basis.

It isn't necessary to respond to every author - many will simply present you with prepared articles. As far as I know, aside from editing a request/posting a new request, there isn't any way to respond to a group of authors at once.

Hope this helps!
Ed
Project Dave

Post by Project Dave »

It does help, thanks very much for the reply.