Customer Complaint - No Contact Made

Have a question about content or the website?

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

HalfTermDates

Customer Complaint - No Contact Made

Post by HalfTermDates »

I purchased a unique article but have subsequently discovered the same article content online, from a date earlier than when I purchased via Constant Content.

Here is a link to Way Back Machine for 2nd March 2013:
http://web.archive.org/web/201303022309 ... don.co.uk/

You will see content regarding the "Tower of London".

This is the exact same content as I purchased on the 26th March 2013 via your website. Ref: Order #51065
Therefore the article written by Grace Elliot was NOT unique, with full-rights.

I would like an explanation please as to how this can happen.

I await your feedback,

kind regards,

Malcolm Oakley
Isabelnewth

Re: Customer Complaint - No Contact Made

Post by Isabelnewth »

It's a bit worrying to hear that: it would be good if you could update us (writers) here to let us know how things progress. Hope it gets resolved soon! Regards.
HalfTermDates

Post by HalfTermDates »

Isabelnewth wrote:It's a bit worrying to hear that: it would be good if you could update us (writers) here to let us know how things progress. Hope it gets resolved soon! Regards.
I found the "help" email link not working on the main CC site, but with a little bit of cut and paste managed to make contact with my CC account manager and advised him of my complaint.

I can confirm the full amount of the article was refunded back to my CC account, so at least that issue is resolved. As for the article, I re-wrote most of it and did my own plagiarism checks and all seems good now online.

Let's hope CC don't get caught out too often like this.

Malcolm
bhuff85

Post by bhuff85 »

HalfTermDates wrote:I can confirm the full amount of the article was refunded back to my CC account, so at least that issue is resolved. As for the article, I re-wrote most of it and did my own plagiarism checks and all seems good now online.
So, you purchased an article that appeared to have been stolen from CC and used by someone online at some point. You contacted CC to get a refund and get one, but then you go on to re-write the article yourself?

Isn't that some sort of oxymoron?

While I don't know whether or not the article was purposely used or actually did for a fact get stolen (as that can happen with articles on here - I've had several articles stolen word for word, as the crooks typically just pull up my article, type it out and place it on their site), you should have got the refund and moved on.

I happened to find the article that is currently on your site (which I assume is here: http://www.halftermdates.co.uk/articles ... trivia.htm). While it isn't the "same" article, it is VERY close to what was on the other site itself.
Imran

Post by Imran »

This is really worrying. I've purchased a lot of articles with full rights and never checked if they were indeed unique. So now you're telling me I may have wasted my money!

I guess most of the articles in my wishlist will be staying there!

UPDATE: I checked most articles I have bought with full rights and found that 2 of them are on other sites with a few words moved/added here and there.

I'm not blaming the authors, well atleast not both, as I have bought multiple articles from one of them and those are all fine.

I hope to see CC take some action with regards to this.
jak

Post by jak »

It's really difficult to stop copyright theft. CC take all sorts of precautions to prevent it, yet they occasionally get circumvented and we find our articles elsewhere when they haven't been sold. It's hard on authors like myself because we can then not offer them for full rights, despite our hard work. Of course, if you checked the ones you found after you used the articles yourself, it's possible they were stolen from you rather than from CC.
Imran

Post by Imran »

jak wrote:Of course, if you checked the ones you found after you used the articles yourself, it's possible they were stolen from you rather than from CC.

Yeah that could have been possible but I havent used any of the articles I have bought so far. They are for a print project Im working on.

Anyways Im still waiting for a reply from C-C.
Constant

Post by Constant »

Just to clarify, I believe both these situations have been resolved by Constant Content staff.
Imran

Post by Imran »

Constant wrote:Just to clarify, I believe both these situations have been resolved by Constant Content staff.

Absolutely, my issue was promptly resolved after I contacted my account manager.