Changing my name for my previously published

Have a question about content or the website?

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

LucIan

Changing my name for my previously published

Post by LucIan »

Hello !

My problem is this : I've published a few articles somewhere else, under another pen name. After discovering CC, I realized I could get much more if I re-publish them here. The problem is I can be accused of plagiarism, because the pen names don't match. I've chosen a more appropiate one for CC. So, my question is this : what if I change the pen name I use on that other site with the one I use on CC ? I don't know if that's a problem, knowing that anyone can do this so he can claim it is his content. I know it's my content, but how can I prove it, even after I change my name ?

Thank you !
4rumid

Re: Changing my name for my previously published

Post by 4rumid »

Hi LucIan,

See this excerpt from the author FAQs:

"We can only accept articles that are able to be verified as original to the author. If you choose to submit content published elsewhere by you, please submit articles that are clearly credited to you with your name or the pen name you use on Constant Content. Articles that cannot be verified as original to the author cannot be accepted. If there is no name on the original publication, if the article is credited with a name that does not match your given or chosen name, or if the author's name is not easily located on the page of original publication, the article will be rejected. Do not include location of previous publication anywhere in your submission. Please note: When you submit an article that has been published elsewhere, you may ask usage rights ONLY for the article."

If you have any other questions, best to post them in the author forum (you're in the Customer Forum right now). Good luck!
LucIan

Post by LucIan »

Hi again,

First of all, I'm sorry for posting this on the Customer section. It was unintentionally. Also, thank you for replying. I read the FAQ myself, including this paragraph. Still, that didn't made it clear if CC would consider plagiarism the fact that I want to submit articles previously published on other content sites, under a different pen name ( my plan was to change my pen name on those sites).
However, I realized it's easier for me to change my pen name on Constant Content so that it would match the one I use on other sites. I submitted a request about two weeks ago, but I got no answer. I repeated the request a few days ago, but still no answer. Why does it take so long ?

Thank you ! :)
4rumid

Post by 4rumid »

Hi,

I changed my pen name on this site early on, and I don't remember it taking particularly long to get a response. It probably depends on how busy support is at the moment. Also, Ed, the editor, has been on vacation, so that may have slowed things down a bit. Other than that, don't know what to tell you. But I'm sure it'll get worked out.