Non-specific requests

Have a question about content or the website?

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Project Dave

Non-specific requests

Post by Project Dave »

I don't really have any specific requests at the moment, I just want more content for my website. I've subscribed to a few categories but I'm not quite seeing the right sort of articles. I could make requests with lists of topics but that's time-consuming for me and (more importantly) quite limiting for authors. For one thing I'd actually like authors to think of topics that I hadn't thought of myself.

Ideally what I'd like is to show the URL of my website and say "Write anything you think might work for this site". That way authors could browse and identify areas they are interested in (there's a huge range of topics that would be suitable).

Alternatively, if it's not acceptable to reveal my URL, could I describe my website and indicate the general topics covered? I don't think that would work nearly as well but at least it would make authors aware that there's a customer wanting that type of material.

Thanks,
Dave
Celeste Stewart

Re: Non-specific requests

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hi,
I believe it's okay to place your URL in a public request. I've seen it done before. Requests do go through a review by CC staff, so if there's a problem, they'll let you know.
Project Dave

Re: Non-specific requests

Post by Project Dave »

Cool, thanks for that. I'll do a request ASAP.