Building Relationships

Have a question about content or the website?

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

gridironpress

Building Relationships

Post by gridironpress »

I have spent a long time involved in semi pro football, and I would like to start one of those "freebee" news papers you see at the door as you walk into restaurants. I'm looking for writers from all across the US, that might be interested in contributing. I don't believe that this will be a money maker, I see it more as hobby and as member of the "semi pro football society", I think it would help build some recognition for the really good programs out there. In doing my reseach, I would have to know how many people were interested in contributing and from where, so that I know what I'm working with before I put money into the whole project.

As far as the contributing writers, it would be very easy to participate. I know and understand these teams from all over the US pretty well, so they wouldn't really have to do any research. I would be able to say "I would like an article about this subject from that team or player or person, and I would even schedule the interview. I wouldn't be asking anyone to follow these teams, although there are many great stories among semi pro athletes. The "little sports news paper" would only have a minimum of article and nores and only begin printing monthly, unless advertising money allowed for it to grow.

Article of interest to me are, ameteur players that go pro, or big sponsership deals, and articles about historic teams. (There are actually a couple of teams in exsitance now, that were part of the NFL when it first started in 1920) Semi pro football has many interesting story lines and I would like to show that to these communities. There are doctors, lawyers, business owners and such that participate in semi pro football all across the country and nobody even knows about it. Anyway if anyone thinks this might be possible, let me know. And let me know how to get this information out to the writers if it's allowed.
DSWaltenburg

Re: Building Relationships

Post by DSWaltenburg »

Hi there. This information is accessible to all the authors on the CC site when they visit the forum, so you don't have to worry about getting the message out.

As for getting responses, I'd think all interested authors could respond here, and then you can assess your needs based on the response over a few days time? Some authors don't visit the forum as regularly as others, so it does take some time to get the word totally out there.

As far as getting a response, I guess you may want to specify things like:
-#of articles needed per week/month, etc.
-price range you're willing to pay per article (specify length/word count that you need also)
-are you looking soley for authors with sports writing experience, or can any author take a stab at this?

If you're new to CC, and not familiar with the Request system, simply stated, the above info is pretty close to the info you'd provide if you were sending out a Public Request.....but for your purposes, and to prevent a flurry of people writing articles for this before you are ready to commit or purchase anything, it's good right here in the forum. Once you've determined your specs, then you could go ahead and issue a 'formal' Public Request, and perhaps work from that? Or you also have the option of hiring as few or as many authors as you need for Private Requests, if you find there are certain authors that are able to provide the material you like.

While I don't follow semipro....I know a little bit about the NFL, and I'm almost certain my beloved Colts Fan of a husband would be more than willing to help me work up some pieces for you!! He's a walking Football Encyclopedia, however, he doesn't write :(....so, you can chalk me up as a willing participant when you get ready to start.

In any event, I wish you the best in finding authors for the project!!

DS Waltenburg