Interesting

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

PJEwriter

Interesting

Post by PJEwriter »

Today I was skimming through four of my articles here that I'd written in response to requests that came through. I thought they were pretty good, but none sold. So I decided to change the name of one and resubmit it. It was snatched up almost immediately. So I changed the names of the other three, and two more have sold today.

Now, I'm not sure if they were noticed because this put them back in the front of the pack, or because the titles were better the 2nd time around. I'm thinking it was the titles. Interesting...
Sheryl Nantus

Post by Sheryl Nantus »

I've found that titles are VERY important - it's got to be somewhat like a tabloid headline to grab the reader's attention right off the top.

that, and the first paragraph must be like a newspaper article - get to the point, grab the attention of the reader and make him/her want to read on.
Kate Sheridan

Post by Kate Sheridan »

Sheryl Nantus wrote:I've found that titles are VERY important - it's got to be somewhat like a tabloid headline to grab the reader's attention right off the top.

that, and the first paragraph must be like a newspaper article - get to the point, grab the attention of the reader and make him/her want to read on.
well, you don't need to whack me on the side of the head to get my attention, LOL. I'm off to fix my unsolds ;-)
Eliza Ferree

Post by Eliza Ferree »

okay going to rethink another one. :) Thank you.
Fiona Blackwolf

Post by Fiona Blackwolf »

That happened to me as well.

I had one that sat for a while and I changed the title and the short description and it sold right away!
AnnM

dumb question?

Post by AnnM »

When you changed your titles... how did you do that?
I see a place to edit the prices, but can't figure out how to edit the actual title or content...

-Ann
(imagining I am just being dumb and sleepy this morning...)
Eliza Ferree

Post by Eliza Ferree »

unless I'm taking the longer route you must take it off and resubmit it.
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

This is the only way right now... more work for me but I need to be able to verify the changes.
Glorie

Attention Getters

Post by Glorie »

O.K., the person who spoke about how writing online should be like writing for a newspaper is absolutely correct.

Web content writing abides by the same pyramid rules that newspapers use. This was a major attraction for me, because I am a former newspaper writer, and web content writing is also concise and to the point in the beginning grabbing your attention in a big way to where you just cannot stop reading.
:lol: