Returning After a Few Years - Are Sales Numbers the Same?

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

Weeshnaw

Returning After a Few Years - Are Sales Numbers the Same?

Post by Weeshnaw »

Hi, it's been a while since I've worked with CC outside of a couple projects from mass emails. I've written a few articles in the past two weeks, but all of them have only a couple hits each (one has zero). By comparison, articles I'd sold in the past would get dozens of page hits before selling usually within several weeks. My experiences then mostly matched up with the oft-touted 70% sell rate - my question is if that rate still holds true in 2019, assuming content is good and marketable? And have average prices dipped at all? I could have just written a few duds, but their lack of pageviews is concerning...
Angie H

Re: Returning After a Few Years - Are Sales Numbers the Same

Post by Angie H »

My sale rates have dropped significantly. I also noticed that prices have dropped. That being said, I'm still able to do quite well. It just means writing and submitting a lot to find the right topics, types, tones, and price points. I've been watching the searches and grouping them together by topic to choose my article categories. For me, it also means jumping on requested content quickly.
light87

Re: Returning After a Few Years - Are Sales Numbers the Same

Post by light87 »

I briefly reviewed hiredgun and beconra*'s article stats, and it looks like if you want to get a 60%ish sale rate, you'll need to price at around $0.10 - $0.13.

not sure if that's still true presently.