Article has been "Waiting" for a Week

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

cmcmahon66

Article has been "Waiting" for a Week

Post by cmcmahon66 »

One of my articles is showing as "waiting" in my content list, and has been for about a week. When does such a hold expire (I assume no one else can see it or buy it while it's "waiting"), or is there someone I can contact to have the hold removed?

Thanks,
Colleen
Angie H

Re: Article has been "Waiting" for a Week

Post by Angie H »

Hi Colleen

I'm not sure what's happening, but I've noticed I have 4 articles with "waiting" status. And you're right. They're not available in the catalog. One of these has been in "waiting" about two weeks, so I'm not sure what's happening.

Angie
MrSteve51

Post by MrSteve51 »

Sometimes an article is in "waiting" while payment is being processed, but that shouldn't take more than a week. If it's longer than that, the chances are a client put it in their basket but didn't complete the purchase. Contact Support and they'll sort it out for you.
cmcmahon66

Post by cmcmahon66 »

As of Monday 4/1 the original one is still "waiting" and and one I noticed that was "waiting" on Friday is still in the same status. Gonna try Support through the website form but I've had mixed results with that in the past. Will report back!
Gauderbock

Post by Gauderbock »

'Waiting' articles are supposed to be returned to the catalog after five working days, but I've found this very unreliable.

And as it can be difficult to get a response from support at times, I generally just set myself a reminder for a week's time, then delete and resubmit the article if it's still in limbo.
Angie H

Post by Angie H »

I contacted support and they returned the articles to the catalog.
cmcmahon66

Post by cmcmahon66 »

I sent a note to support and the one that had been "waiting" the longest was released back into the catalog that day. The other one was not then (but it hadn't been on hold as long either) but I checked this morning and it's back to being "live" again now.

Thanks for the feedback/suggestions!

Colleen