Sold Another Article After so Many Years. .

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

light87

Sold Another Article After so Many Years. .

Post by light87 »

Hai Everyone!

Wow, I hadn't written for CC in legit years.. but one of my articles just sold for, I think $0.10 per word.

I belieb now in da statz! All articles sell at that certain percentage, no matter what price! I guess that's why some people do $0.20 per word.

I feel so FOMO (giddy) now to write, en masse, for CC again XD.

I should refill my portfolio with 100 or so articles. Then just leave 'em at 20 per word and be amazed as i get random email notifications years later of sales XD
GailF

Re: Sold Another Article After so Many Years. .

Post by GailF »

I think that's what happened to me! I posted 5 articles years ago and then just left them, since it all sounded too easy. Sold one or two of them for decent money a year or two later and was sold on actually making an effort with CC. Go for it!
light87

Post by light87 »

GailF wrote:I think that's what happened to me! I posted 5 articles years ago and then just left them, since it all sounded too easy. Sold one or two of them for decent money a year or two later and was sold on actually making an effort with CC. Go for it!
Yeah it's really awesome when it happens! So, I concentrated on basically 1 niche, but my overall sell rate is around 28 to 35%. But i've only written about 80 articles.

I think it's cool that you could probably end up making over $2,000 per month if you write 4 articles a day (120 articles per month) and diversify your niches ^_^.

Although,.. , yeah I've not done that yet. I ran out of time. . . not enough time in the day.
GailF

Post by GailF »

Ooft, I don't think I could do four articles a day! I'm at 35% as well. I keep hoping that 70% I read about when I signed on will magically happen :lol:
light87

Post by light87 »

GailF wrote:Ooft, I don't think I could do four articles a day! I'm at 35% as well. I keep hoping that 70% I read about when I signed on will magically happen :lol:
LOL. Ya, I think iz possible if u diversify your niches. Like, my SEO articles sold, and yet I had like only 5 articles written, compared with my 70+ health articles. So I think 70% works, but it's all about the stats. If you write 1000 articles, you'll probably sell 700 over time. But if you write only 10 articles, I guess you can't expect 7 to sell within a short period of time.

35 % is still gucci ^_^. 35 x $70 = $2,450 if you write 100 per month.

Some people did 4 a day! I almost did 5 a day for a week... but they ended up needing corrections as I kept trying to pump more out.

I guess it depends on whether you're writing 1 - 2k-word articles, or just the regular 500 / 600-word articles. If i'm going to do a CC writing campaign, I'd be doing daily 600-word articles.. Because there's no way in heaven, hell, or earth you're going to make me write 1,000 x 5 worded articles every single day. . .
MrSteve51

Post by MrSteve51 »

At the other extreme, I had an email notification this morning that an article I'd written for the catalogue (not for a request) had been accepted, and then 67 minutes later got another email saying that it had sold :D :D

That's definitely a record for me!
Abbamay

Post by Abbamay »

Awesome that you're selling articles that have just been sitting there waiting! It happened to me too - great feeling!