A quick question about categories

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

MrSteve51

A quick question about categories

Post by MrSteve51 »

I know that some categories are more popular (in terms of both sales and numbers of articles uploaded) but does anyone else struggle with which category an article should go under? As an example, I wrote an article on how parents can help a child who self-harms. Does that go under parenting or mental health? (In the end I put it under parenting.) There's no way that I can see to file one article under several categories, so it just becomes a guessing game as to where potential customers might look.

Do you have any advice?
HiredGun

Re: A quick question about categories

Post by HiredGun »

I track monthly sales (via the Writing Ideas tab) to see which categories have the most sales. When you have an article appropriate for more than one category, try placing it in the category with the most sales. In the case of parenting vs mental health, parenting would be your best bet based on sales from Oct-Dec 2018.
MrSteve51

Post by MrSteve51 »

Thank you! I hadn't thought to use Writing Ideas like that - definitely going to in future though!
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

MrSteve51 wrote:Thank you! I hadn't thought to use Writing Ideas like that - definitely going to in future though!
You're welcome! When you start collecting Constant Content data you can spot topic trends, discover title trends, and even monitor which keywords appear the most in sold article titles. Data analysis + consistent uploads = winning formula. :lol: