Change in CC Clients

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

HiredGun

Change in CC Clients

Post by HiredGun »

Anyone else noticing a change in the type of clients using Constant Content? e.g. Public Requests :?
Words4Bread

Re: Change in CC Clients

Post by Words4Bread »

I never look anymore.
Last edited by Words4Bread on Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gauderbock

Post by Gauderbock »

> change in clients

Anything in particular?

I've been muting request notifications more frequently lately thanks to 'storms' of emails about the same crappy request, so I'm probably missing quite a few.
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Gauderbock wrote:> change in clients

Anything in particular?

I've been muting request notifications more frequently lately thanks to 'storms' of emails about the same crappy request, so I'm probably missing quite a few.
Based on 'writing ideas' sales in September/October, the topics/target markets seem to be shifting.
Last edited by HiredGun on Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
GailF

Post by GailF »

I've been pretty surprised by how low the prices are for articles that are selling. The writer's cut for some of them aren't worth the time it takes to submit an article, never mind write it!
Gauderbock

Post by Gauderbock »

Quite amusing to see "How to make money from freelance writing" sell for $3.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I don't even look at them. I just delete the emails.

I'm in Chris' LinkedIn network and he apparently went somewhere else, so I lost him sending people to my profile. :(
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Lysis wrote:I don't even look at them. I just delete the emails.

I'm in Chris' LinkedIn network and he apparently went somewhere else, so I lost him sending people to my profile. :(

https://www.linkedin.com/in/thechrisreid
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Yeah that's him. I always liked him. He'd chat with a customer and send them to my profile. I'd get sales from that, but poop I lost that nice little perk. Maybe some of the other PMs do it too, but Chris contacted me a lot until I hiked up my prices. At that point, I think I priced myself out of their private client lists, which is ok but the catalog sales were nice.