Word Count Weirdness

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

Gauderbock

Word Count Weirdness

Post by Gauderbock »

Ok, an article that was just approved shows a word count that's way off the real figure. 166.1% higher to be precise :roll:

And it seems my articles still in review have the word count as an editable field, which I don't remember seeing before.

Anyone else?
HiredGun

Re: Word Count Weirdness

Post by HiredGun »

Gauderbock wrote:Ok, an article that was just approved shows a word count that's way off the real figure. 166.1% higher to be precise :roll:

And it seems my articles still in review have the word count as an editable field, which I don't remember seeing before.

Anyone else?
Just checked my 'in review' articles and the word counts appear correct. The word count box is editable, but I think that is because a submission can still be tweaked by the author prior to approval from CC's editors. Maybe fire off an email to Nicole or Shari and see if they can get the IT department to check. It's Thanksgiving weekend in Canada, so you may not get a reply till Tuesday.
Gauderbock

Re: Word Count Weirdness

Post by Gauderbock »

It looks like the editor box is adding a chunk of CSS code during submission. Nicole was helpful in fixing a few approved articles, but I'm still not sure whether the problem is at my end or CC's.

But just for info, for now the fix is to edit submitted articles while still in review, click on the 'source' button, remove the code, and save the changes.