How to do article that is meant to have links?

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

cmcmahon66

How to do article that is meant to have links?

Post by cmcmahon66 »

I have an idea for an article that, for someone to use on their blog or other web publication, would pretty much require them to add images at least, if not actual links. I know we can't include actual images or links to show the purchaser where the pictures are that the article is describing. Or is there a way to do that? This is a list article so it would be somewhere between 5 and 10 items, and a pic would go with each.

Workarounds I'm thinking of:

--A note to purchaser at the end of article itself or in the short description that says that the heading of each item on the list is the exact term used to describe the thing out there online, so search on that term and you'll find the picture/links you need.

--A way to put a page containing the links in a Google Drive folder or Dropbox that the purchaser can access after purchase, but I'm not sure how that info would be given to the purchaser.

The easiest thing to do (aside from writing the article and then going through however many rejects and revisions it takes to figure out what will be accepted) would be to contact someone with the authority at CC to definitively say what I could do to make this work. Does anyone have a good contact for such an editor these days?

Or should I just shelve this idea all together?

Thanks,
Colleen
HiredGun

Re: How to do article that is meant to have links?

Post by HiredGun »

I use Evernote for this. I include a reference section at the end of the article submission and include the link (minus the https) to the Evernote file. The Evernote file includes the screenshots, image files, etc. for the client to use. Would that work for you?
cmcmahon66

Re: How to do article that is meant to have links?

Post by cmcmahon66 »

Interesting, thanks for responding! I haven't used Evernote before, but I guess this could work the same way with a Google Doc right?