Accessing Old Articles

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

HiredGun

Accessing Old Articles

Post by HiredGun »

Anyone else having trouble accessing their unsold Constant Content articles from 2013 and older? :?:
Word Gypsy

Re: Accessing Old Articles

Post by Word Gypsy »

I just checked a few from 2013, 2011, and 2006 and no problems. Hopefully, this gets ironed out for you soon.
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Word Gypsy wrote:I just checked a few from 2013, 2011, and 2006 and no problems. Hopefully, this gets ironed out for you soon.
Thank you for checking. It's any issue that's been going on for many months, but haven't had any luck getting assistance from CC support. All my articles from 2013 and older only show the short and long summaries, but not the article itself (when I click on 'edit' to view the submission). Would like to take them down, revise, and resubmit with current content but can't access the old articles in order to complete the revision. Was hoping it was an issue with numerous writers so maybe we could get some action from CC's IT department. :cry:
BWebb

Post by BWebb »

Mine's like yours. I just assumed it must be something to do with the summary length I chose at the the time. Would be useful to access them complete though and update them.
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

BWebb wrote:Mine's like yours. I just assumed it must be something to do with the summary length I chose at the the time. Would be useful to access them complete though and update them.
Thank you for checking! Glad to know it's not just me. :wink:
BWebb

Post by BWebb »

I just realized the ones I can't fully see are not full rights articles. Are yours similar? Maybe we aren't supposed to edit them when they've been sold once for use.
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Hey, you are right. The usage articles are frozen and have been for a few years. The ones I can access are full rights. It has something to do with not wanting writers to changes prices once an article has sold for usage.
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

No, the old 2013 articles in my catalog I'm talking about have never been sold for usage/unique/full rights.

To me, it's common sense writers can't change an article once it has been sold for usage rights.

If it were only a couple of articles I couldn't access, it wouldn't be a big deal. Unfortunately, I have 30+ articles I can no longer access/edit (2012-2013). :cry:
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Hopefully, this issue makes it to CC's to-do list. You should have access to unsold articles. I hope someone from CC sees this thread soon.....
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Word Gypsy wrote:Hopefully, this issue makes it to CC's to-do list. You should have access to unsold articles. I hope someone from CC sees this thread soon.....
I've emailed a link to this post to Shari and asked her to forward it to the IT department. Will keep y'all posted if a remedy is found. :D
GailF

Post by GailF »

I also can't access the full article from my one pre-2013 post! How strange. I can for 2014 though.