Content Thief at Work

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

HiredGun

Content Thief at Work

Post by HiredGun »

Be Warned:

sappointDOTcom is stealing content from Constant Content writers.
:evil:
mollylayton

Re: Content Thief at Work

Post by mollylayton »

How do you know they're stealing content and not just buying it? I don't see a problem.

The website appears to be run by a large corporation. They may not even be aware that the people they're getting to write their content are taking things.
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

mollylayton wrote:How do you know they're stealing content and not just buying it? I don't see a problem.

The website appears to be run by a large corporation. They may not even be aware that the people they're getting to write their content are taking things.
SOME of the content on their site is taken directly from Constant Content. The snippets in question have ZERO downloads on Constant Content, which means they have never been purchased. If you review articles on their site that seem incomplete or only have one or two tips to each post, you'll find the same content on Constant Content. They seem to be stealing the descriptions as well as whatever percentage of the content is shown in the short summary, and then deliberately making spelling mistakes to avoid their duplicate content from being detected.
i.e. http://sappoint.com/index.php/tech/trai ... management is stolen from https://www.constant-content.com/MoreDe ... gement.htm

And no, they're not a large corporation (if you're meaning SAP). They have a disclaimer in their footer indicating they are in no way affiliated with SAP. :evil:
mollylayton

Post by mollylayton »

HiredGun wrote:
mollylayton wrote:How do you know they're stealing content and not just buying it? I don't see a problem.

SOME of the content on their site is taken directly from Constant Content. The snippets in question have ZERO downloads on Constant Content, which means they have never been purchased. If you review articles on their site that seem incomplete or only have one or two tips to each post, you'll find the same content on Constant Content. They seem to be stealing the descriptions as well as whatever percentage of the content is shown in the short summary, and then deliberately making spelling mistakes to avoid their duplicate content from being detected.
i.e. http://sappoint.com/index.php/tech/trai ... management is stolen from https://www.constant-content.com/MoreDe ... gement.htm

And no, they're not a large corporation (if you're meaning SAP). They have a disclaimer in their footer indicating they are in no way affiliated with SAP. :evil:
Yeah, I should have looked more closely. It does look like they're transcribing the images to text with some sort of software. Something tells me their site will not be up long.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I lurve HiredGun so much. He catches this stuff. I miss when these forums were really active and a ton of writers were around to catch this stuff.

Anyone remember Digital Pointless and Associated Content being our main thieves? It's one reason I refuse to do anything on Digital Pointless.
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Lysis wrote:I lurve HiredGun so much. He catches this stuff. I miss when these forums were really active and a ton of writers were around to catch this stuff.

Anyone remember Digital Pointless and Associated Content being our main thieves? It's one reason I refuse to do anything on Digital Pointless.
(¬‿¬) Only found out about this latest content thief when I attempted to update an old article. Resubmitted the updated article and then had an editor reject it, purge it, and tell me part of the content was already online. Put on my investigator's cap and found multiple pieces of stolen CC content on sappointDOTcom. Constant Content was reaching out to the thief via email and if no response, were going to get CC's legal department involved. :evil: