Do you leave your content in "waiting" status?

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

weave

Do you leave your content in "waiting" status?

Post by weave »

I've had several articles go into "waiting" status in the My Content page, and I've usually contacted CC after 10 days or so and asked for them to be released. They're always really prompt about doing so, which is great, but I found myself curious about how other writers here deal with the "waiting" status?

I'm still not totally sure what waiting status means - I believe someone said that it's when your article is in a customer's cart but they haven't purchased it yet?

I currently have quite a pricey article that's been "waiting" for about two weeks now. I'm not too keen to pull this out of a potential customer's cart (if that is how it works) but if it's just lingering somewhere where potential buyers can't see it, then that changes the situation a bit.

All opinions welcome on this one! I'm just curious about how other writers here handle it.
HiredGun

Re: Do you leave your content in "waiting" status?

Post by HiredGun »

I usually give them 5 business days (https://www.constant-content.com/knowle ... of-waiting) and then I delete the article, refresh the title/content, and upload to CC again. Time is money in this business. If a customer is really interested in an article but needs extra time, they can always message you on CC to explain the delay.
Gauderbock

Post by Gauderbock »

Just to add to HG's sage advice, I also add a quick note to the editor in the summary field, explaining that it's a refreshed version of a previously approved article that got stuck in waiting.

I'm not sure if it's necessary, but I do it just to pre-empt any concerns over duplicate submissions.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I give it a week or two. It's so annoy especially when it's something that's newsy.
weave

Post by weave »

I agree - it would also be useful if we could see which customer was considering purchasing the article (e.g. I'm happy to wait for a consistent customer to purchase an article). Thank you v much for the info link, HG! Not sure how I haven't seen that before.
Gauderbock

Post by Gauderbock »

Just out of interest, what's the longest you've seen between an article go into waiting, and subsequently sell?

Although I usually leave it five working days before taking any action, I'm not sure I've seen anything sell after more than maybe a working day in waiting. Anyone else?
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I think I had one ages ago go through after a couple of weeks
weave

Post by weave »

Gauderbock wrote:Just out of interest, what's the longest you've seen between an article go into waiting, and subsequently sell?

Although I usually leave it five working days before taking any action, I'm not sure I've seen anything sell after more than maybe a working day in waiting. Anyone else?
I have never left an article in waiting for longer than a week or so before. None of them have sold after I've seen them go into waiting, if I remember correctly. Maybe I'm doing something wrong and the customer changes their mind later on :lol: I have emailed support and despite this, the article I wrote this post about is still in waiting...so that's 2 weeks plus now, I believe.