Networking & Affiliate Marketing

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

HiredGun

Networking & Affiliate Marketing

Post by HiredGun »

Two questions for y'all:

1) Do you network on forums to attract attention to your CC writing portfolio/your writing services? If so, do you find the networking time worth it in terms of sales?

2) Do you have an affiliate site where you showcase your writing + sell affiliate products i.e. Amazon products related to your niche?

Thanks!
Lysis

Re: Networking & Affiliate Marketing

Post by Lysis »

No I troll forums and make fun of IMers. xD

I have a blog where I upload content mainly programming stuff to link to people. I'm trying to get out of the writing thing cuz I'm kinda bored of it. lol I have to keep it up until I find a replacement though.

This time of year is so slow for me, so it's a good time to experiment with other things.
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Lysis wrote:No I troll forums and make fun of IMers. xD

I have a blog where I upload content mainly programming stuff to link to people. I'm trying to get out of the writing thing cuz I'm kinda bored of it. lol I have to keep it up until I find a replacement though.

This time of year is so slow for me, so it's a good time to experiment with other things.
IMers as in Internet Marketers? Does the forum start with a D and end with an oint? :lol:

Instead of getting out of writing completely, would you consider freelancing with just one or two clients within the programming sector (http://www.24seveninc.com/en-us/jobs/de ... a-us/23414)? Or becoming a chatbot writer (http://ww2.justanswer.com/careers?jvi=o50s5fwm,Job)?
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

hey thank you for those links.

I was actually looking into the chatbot thing. I'm also thinking about Envato. Envato owns themeforest and codecanyon. I buy themes from themeforest and have some small experimental projects on codecanyon. I did pretty well. The nice thing about getting into that stuff is that you just keep selling instead of selling 1 article and then you need to keep writing to replace it.

The tough part is they have a tiered commission system. 50% to start OUCH. I'm almost to $1000 I think though, and it drops to 40%. Yay I guess lol

I want to get back into programming. Writing about it is cool but I find I write about the same things over and over and it's getting monotonous. I'm still in the writing biz though until I find a replacement that makes some money. So you'll still see me dumping stuff in the catalog. :D Only a 1 day turnaround right now, so I take it that it's slow for everyone.

Digital Pointless is awful, but I mainly troll blackhatworld. Good god their advice is terrible but it's fun to browse some of the stuff. Their ebay forum is awesome for help with ebay. Some cool stuff get's posted to their lounge. A couple of their mods really hate me, but that's ok. I'm on my third account and I'm sure there will be more. Passes time I guess. lol