Article Views

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

JaneWrites

Article Views

Post by JaneWrites »

Hi all,

I'm not an active writer on here; I don't really earn that much compared to more seasoned CC writers.

Just out of curiosity, how many views do your articles get within 24 hours after getting approved by CC editors? I noticed before, my articles would typically get at least 3 to 5 views within a day. But lately, I'm not getting any views at all anymore. I'm wondering if there's just a temporary lull in sales this month. Do newly approved articles appear on the first few pages? How does the catalog article ranking work? I've observed that the articles of the most experienced writers with plenty of sales under their belt usually get to the first page.

TIA
constant-content
Site Admin

Re: Article Views

Post by constant-content »

Hi, JaneWrites. The platform gives priority to articles that are relevant, that have been given a high rating from editors, and slightly to the date of submission. If you're looking for a work, please message us and we can review your account and see if we can find some projects for you. :wink:
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

constant-content wrote:Hi, JaneWrites. The platform gives priority to articles that are relevant, that have been given a high rating from editors, and slightly to the date of submission. If you're looking for a work, please message us and we can review your account and see if we can find some projects for you. :wink:
Do writers have access to this mysterious "rating" from editors? Have never heard of Constant Content editors rating articles (and I've been here since 2011). Thought articles were either accepted or rejected, but not rated. Also, how does one view the "front page" articles? All I get on https://www.constant-content.com/area/browse.htm is the browse categories/search articles option. :?:
Gauderbock

Post by Gauderbock »

This appears to be a front page of sorts, although I'm damned if I can remember which link I followed to find it: https://www.constant-content.com/Catego ... ndex-0.htm

As to rating, "editorial feedback" is mentioned here: https://www.constant-content.com/knowle ... -system/#4

I assume that's some sort of rating system, I doubt we'll ever get to see it from the writer side though...
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Gauderbock wrote:This appears to be a front page of sorts, although I'm damned if I can remember which link I followed to find it: https://www.constant-content.com/Catego ... ndex-0.htm

As to rating, "editorial feedback" is mentioned here: https://www.constant-content.com/knowle ... -system/#4

I assume that's some sort of rating system, I doubt we'll ever get to see it from the writer side though...
Thanks for replying, Gauderbock. My understanding of the editorial feedback you linked to is that your access level is an overall rating of your writing skills on CC. This statement in the post above "The platform gives priority to articles that are relevant, that have been given a high rating from editors, and slightly to the date of submission" makes it sound like each submitted article is given a rating by editors.

The 'articles' link you shared is found in the footer of the CC website. Doesn't appear to be a 'best of' showing of recent submissions - there's currently a private request submission showing that hasn't been purchased. :shock:

Thanks again for replying. Maybe CC will pop back into this thread once the long weekend is over.
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

JaneWrites wrote:Hi all,

I'm not an active writer on here; I don't really earn that much compared to more seasoned CC writers.

Just out of curiosity, how many views do your articles get within 24 hours after getting approved by CC editors? I noticed before, my articles would typically get at least 3 to 5 views within a day. But lately, I'm not getting any views at all anymore. I'm wondering if there's just a temporary lull in sales this month. Do newly approved articles appear on the first few pages? How does the catalog article ranking work? I've observed that the articles of the most experienced writers with plenty of sales under their belt usually get to the first page.

TIA
If you have happy customers that subscribe to your RSS feed, you will usually notice views the same day you post new content. Buyers can also subscribe to a RSS feed for each category (Programming, Marketing, etc.), which helps them discover new content in their preferred category.

This is what a category RSS feed looks like:
https://www.constant-content.com/feeds/ ... gory=12001
Gauderbock

Post by Gauderbock »

Hi HG. Yes, hopefully CC will weigh in. But I think I have a different take on the editorial feedback issue than you...
My understanding of the editorial feedback you linked to is that your access level is an overall rating of your writing skills on CC
I can only assume this aspect of the access level is done by rating each article as it's edited. I can't see how it would scale any other way. Then, of course, the average article rating is taken into account along with the other factors when setting the access level.

But then, maybe I'll just file this under "interesting but ultimately unknowable and out of my control" ;)
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

HiredGun wrote:
constant-content wrote:Hi, JaneWrites. The platform gives priority to articles that are relevant, that have been given a high rating from editors, and slightly to the date of submission. If you're looking for a work, please message us and we can review your account and see if we can find some projects for you. :wink:
Do writers have access to this mysterious "rating" from editors? Have never heard of Constant Content editors rating articles (and I've been here since 2011). Thought articles were either accepted or rejected, but not rated. Also, how does one view the "front page" articles? All I get on https://www.constant-content.com/area/browse.htm is the browse categories/search articles option. :?:
Neither writers nor clients can see the rating, but it does exist. It’s mostly for us to keep track of who is doing well and who is doing poorly, so we know when to suspend clients and when to contact the good ones for more work.
DeeJay

Post by DeeJay »

Hello All,

Is it just me or are CC's answers at odds with the questions raised. The OP is referring to the general catalogue views, but CC seems to be referring to requests or writer pools perhaps -- priority given to articles that are relevant, using ratings to determine who to contact for more work.

How does rating affect those of us who only submit to the general catalogue? Are those with higher ratings higher up the results list for a relevant search query, for instance?

In my limited experience, I've found articles on popular subjects get more views, as I'd expect, though all my articles get fewer views in the first few days after acceptance than they used to before the site got a makeover. I moved from access level 3 to 2, but have seen no difference in terms of views.