Probably a silly question...

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

GailF

Probably a silly question...

Post by GailF »

I've been getting these emails from CC (I'm sure everyone is) and I don't know what they're really about. The subject of the latest one is 'Writers needed for multiple opportunities'. I've gotten quite a few of these email blasts, looking for writers for big projects. What I don't understand is.. are these writer pools? Are they a waste of time? Are you sure to get paid on them? A lot of them ask for free sample articles, which makes me wary, except that the emails are coming from CC.

Sorry, there isn't really a clear question in there! Does anyone have any experience of these projects and can you tell me what to expect from them?
Lysis

Re: Probably a silly question...

Post by Lysis »

I'm pretty sure it's for writer pools. Most people can't pay my rates, so I skip them but I've been added regardless. They probably need help finding people.

The goal is to make more and work less, not work more and make less. :roll:
GailF

Post by GailF »

Ahh. I wondered what the writer pools looked like. Thought they would be more impressive from what I've read on the forums. Oh well. Back to the catalogue for me!

Thanks for answering, Lysis!
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I don't think I've written anything for a pool in 2 years lol But I'm in a bunch of them somehow.