Asking A Favor, Please, and Thank-you!

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

rtucker

Asking A Favor, Please, and Thank-you!

Post by rtucker »

I wonder if someone could do me a favor?
I tried to reset my long sample to 100%, but it didn't "take." Even though in the settings it says it did. When I look at my articles, they are still showing half of the article. I tried looking from a different computer and different IP address, but it is the same. I also tried emptying the cache, rebooting, etc. No luck.
I finally sent an email to support about a week ago, but they did not respond.

Could someone take a look at a couple of my articles and tell me how much is showing in the preview? Thanks so much in advance!! :D
Ruby Tucker
Gauderbock

Re: Asking A Favor, Please, and Thank-you!

Post by Gauderbock »

Hi,

I think the long description is generated when the article is first published/approved, so changing the default setting will only have an effect on your new articles. Unfortunately, if you want to change the preview size of your older articles, you have some copy and pasting ahead of you ;)
rtucker

Post by rtucker »

Thanks, Gauderbock! Yes, that makes sense. I didn't think of that! D'uh! Not sure if I want to do any copy and pasting. lol
Thanks, again! :-)
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

yeah I had to go back and fix my old stuff even though I had it on 100% the whole time. They flipped it to 30% by default and uploaded a few and had to fix it.
rtucker

Post by rtucker »

Thanks, Lysis! Yeah, I will have to decide if I want to go through that much work or not. I think I have 17 up with the old %, so would be a fair bit of work. :-)